Sponsored

Anyone know how to disable magnaride?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Understood, but something being better and being able to utilize the "better" are different. Mods are fun, I get it, but sometimes stepping back is the best course of action.

The DSC coil over is rumored at just under 6k if I recall.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have been on frpp, custom rear springs and Eibach and none of them handle good as stock.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Eibach is probably my favorite from all of them but still not where I want it to be.

Steeda is coming out with comp springs might give it a shot or go with BMR .but that is more spending and I am sure at the end is not going to be what I am looking for.

I have spent over 15k on suspension on my last 5.0 and kw V3 was the best one.

Kw club sport has a front spring rate of 590lns and rear is 932lbs according to kw rep I spoke with.

Of course you can't use the rear springs. That can be solved with BMR 980lbs. The bottom shock bracket needs to modified in order to fit the Shelby control arm (very easy). The fronts are straight bolt on. So only thing is holding me back is the cancellation kit.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Curious why after-market coilover kits over Magnaride or Magnaride w/ DSC controller? Curious what the benefits are..thanks..
I am guessing it is so he can adjust ride height easily, doubtful there is would really be much of an improvement in handling over the Magnaride in all conditions. What I experienced yesterday in the canyons with this car I woul
The DSC controller is only going to do so much with the factory damper, it's not going to beat a dedicated race shock's control over damping and rebound.
Running coil-overs gives you more options of tuning with different spring rates (I'm running 450 front and 800 rear), changing the your ride height, adjusting your Rake.....
not to mention it saves a bunch of weight also
DCS is coming out with there own electronic damper for the 350, I'm sure they're not cheap so I'll wait to hear some feedback on them

I will agree to disagree the coil overs you are absolutely correct in a dedicated coil over will have better control and can be tuned to suit a particular track or road. But for a lot of different tracks and roads the ability of the Magnaride to self adjust and learn is much better suited for street duty and occasional track days.

With the ops comment of the car not being as good as stock before he changed springs speaks volumes to how good of a Job the engineers did.

I also feel after really pushing my R in canyons yesterday that it would be a huge mistake to change out the suspension unless you want a true dedicated track car that you will spend the time to dial in for every track. The car never put a wheel out of place, mid corner bumps did nothing to upset the car and it took every turn like it was on rails. I would rather spend the time doing extra laps and improving driving skills as there is probably more too be gained in performance than changing the suspension and if there is a gain it is probably very minimal.

To the OP good luck with whatever choice you go with.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The only reason I am not going back to stock suspension is because I need the car to be lowered.

So whoever likes the ride hieght on the non r and R stay with the stock suspension because they did a fantastic job.

Sponsored

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
Kw club sport has a front spring rate of 590lns and rear is 932lbs according to kw rep I spoke with.

Of course you can't use the rear springs. That can be solved with BMR 980lbs. The bottom shock bracket needs to modified in order to fit the Shelby control arm (very easy). The fronts are straight bolt on. So only thing is holding me back is the cancellation kit.
You can't compare a outboard spring rate to inboard (stock mounted) spring rate

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I am interested in buying a kw club sport coilovers but I need a way to disable the magnaride .can it be done ?
You don't need to disable it, it's easier to just fake the controller into thinking that it's working normally. I don't have a spec for the actual shock connector, but the coils in the dampers are about 3 to 4 ohms resistance, so four 3.3 ohm resistors rated at 10 watts connected across the wires for each of the four shock connectors should allow you to remove the actual magride shocks and the system will never notice they're gone.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
You don't need to disable it, it's easier to just fake the controller into thinking that it's working normally. I don't have a spec for the actual shock connector, but the coils in the dampers are about 3 to 4 ohms resistance, so four 3.3 ohm resistors rated at 10 watts connected across the wires for each of the four shock connectors should allow you to remove the actual magride shocks and the system will never notice they're gone.

Great info and thank you.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I am interested in buying a kw club sport coilovers but I need a way to disable the magnaride .can it be done ?
You might find this interesting:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
They look amazing but I am sure is going to be around $8000

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They look amazing but I am sure is going to be around $8000
The kit with the controller for the RS is $4150.

I can't imagine they would be twice the price but it might be something to consider. Those might be an end goal for me.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wait. That price is without the controller.

So, $5300 or so all in.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yeah and that is a true coilover setup. I want to keep it just like the factory where the springs are in the control arm.

I bought the resistors and if works I will be purchasing the kw club sport 3 coilovers and changing out the rear springs with BMR.

Coilovers are $3500 and rear springs would be $200. Total of $3700