Sponsored

Tender Quick Disconnect Help

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Does anyone know how to remove the nut in both places. I unscrew the nut and I get to the point that the screw just spins and spins. I can't place a tool underneath to hold it in place to give me leverage, right? Otherwise, BOOM.

upload_2018-8-29_23-5-26.png

I was wondering how did everyone else do there install.
I noticed another user did the below:
31911786192_728beeb437_b-jpg.jpg

If I try method two right above, do I need to remove the battery still during this process or can I just plug the positive in first then disconnect the ground off the suspension tower and proceed installing the negative o-ring quick disconnect? I'm concerned about option two as it would leave the chassis no longer grounded until I've completed the steps or am I missing something?
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Does anyone know how to remove the nut in both places. I unscrew the nut and I get to the point that the screw just spins and spins. I can't place a tool underneath to hold it in place to give me leverage, right? Otherwise, BOOM.

upload_2018-8-29_23-5-26.png

I was wondering how did everyone else do there install.
I noticed another user did the below:
31911786192_728beeb437_b-jpg.jpg

If I try method two right above, do I need to remove the battery still during this process or can I just plug the positive in first then disconnect the ground off the suspension tower and proceed installing the negative o-ring quick disconnect? I'm concerned about option two as it would leave the chassis no longer grounded until I've completed the steps or am I missing something?
Once you get those nuts loose enough lift off the battery connector from the post.

There is a square wedge on the bottom of that nut that sits in a groove holding the stud steady. Once you loosen the nut enough the "wedge" drops out of the holding groove. Push it up with your finger so it sits in the holding groove and then you can remove the nut. With a 10mm socket/wrench.

Once you lift the connector off the post you'll see what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Appreciate the advice all, I went with the fuse box and suspension tower connections instead. Much quicker alternative.