Sponsored

Hurricane Florence - be safe!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I hope all of the S550 members who might be impacted by Hurricane Florence will be safe....

We rode out Hurricane Sandy in 2012, and let me say, if you’ve never been through one of those storms.... it’s one hell of a ride. Luckily where our home is located, we did not sustain any flooding - but within 10-15 min drive all around us was lots of devastation. We went to one of the beaches that is less than 30 mins from us and there was literally a 10ft drop off where the beach was totally eroded away.

There were lots of homes and businesses destroyed (or just totally gone), trees, poles, wires, sunken cars, buried cars, debris everywhere, etc, etc. I saw houses where beach sand covered the entire interiors up to the ceilings, and where houses were moved from their original address to other places where they shouldn’t belong.... Cars literally buried over their roofs....

It was eerie, dead silent, and blacker than black at night due to the power outage, which for our location, lasted 1 week - while in other areas, it lasted for MONTHS.

I mention all of the above, because when Sandy hit the NJ/NY/CT area it was only a Category 2 Hurricane, but with sustained winds of 80+mph which caused so much wide spread major damage.

Remember Hurricane Hugo hit the Charelston area back in 1989 as a Category 4, with 140mph sustained winds.

I would listen when they say Florence could be as catastrophic or greater than Hugo for the area it’s headed for, because if your home or business, or family is located on low lying land OR near bodies of water (not just ocean, but bayside, lakes or rivers) - TRUST ME when I say this, you’re going to experience major flooding and most likely structural damages - your life isn’t worth materialistic items.

Make sure all your insurance premiums are up to date and make sure you know what IS NOT covered.... because many folks don’t know squat about the fine print in their Insurance Policies (home, auto, motorcycle, watercraft, business or life).

Good luck - and keep us posted if you’re in the affected regions.
Sponsored