GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Issue: Right after minor wheel spin (and likely traction control kicking in), car throws the wrench up and goes into a minor limp mode (drives but bucks and hesitates a bit).

I've had this happen twice now, both while leaving my neighborhood aggressively (it's a 55 mph speed limit so I like to get up to speed quickly!). First time was right after washing the car a few weeks ago, so I thought maybe I got water around the air filter and it was throwing a fit, but filter was dry when I checked it right after. I had the car in sport mode before the wheel spin I believe. I pulled over and hooked up the X4 to check for codes and it didn't find anything. Restarting didn't get rid of the wrench either, so I thought I'd try clearing the KAM since that's all I could do with the X4 on the side of the road, and that cleared the wrench and she ran like normal after that.

Second time was this morning, which the car was outside on a cooler night (usually in the garage). I rolled through the sprinklers when leaving my neighborhood so the tires got wet before I took off. I'm not sure if traction control kicked in, but it probably did. Right after that I put it in sport mode as I usually do when driving around and then it threw the wrench up on me and went into a minor limp mode like it did that time a few weeks ago. Not sure if the wheel spin or sport mode caused it, but I'm guessing wheel spin since that's what it seemed like happened last time? Anyway, at the next stop light, I shut her off and let her sit shut off until the turn light went on (maybe 30 seconds) and fired back up with no wrench light and driving just fine the rest of the way to work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
You donā€™t warm the engine up before going WOT? Living life on the edge!
No it is pretty well warmed up by then. I live 3/4 mile from the neighborhood entrance (with 30 mph speed limit within) plus I always let her warm up at least to the point where the revs settle down before even pulling out of my driveway :-)

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Have you checked the battery? Electronics start to act goofy when the battery is nearing end-of-life...
Good point. I've had bad luck with OE Ford batteries lately (they used to be stellar!) I think my Fusion battery went out about 2-3 years old so maybe this one is due :(
Sponsored