Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I'm from Hendersonville,NC and I didn't get to see this but so cool that it's around town here! They must have came down for the Tail of the Dragon!

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
That a Multimatic GT4 Mustang CF louvered section or from elsewhere?
Multimatic vent, mounted on spare, stock hood. The FP350S vent may be available soon from FP or Watson and will likely be cheaper than this $$$ piece.

The GT500 test cars running around seem to have the derivative of the GT4 unit, except there is a strengthening piece running down the centerline of the vent. The race piece is probably way too fragile for normal use. The GT4 hood went through some changes from prototype pictures to the homologated final pieces. The same with the FP350S. The first cars had the stock hood vent, the customer cars appear to have a louvered piece of aluminum similar to a Track Spec piece (it's not sourced from them, I checked) that does not extend beyond the hood bulges as the GT4 unit does.

I had a spare hood and didn't want to wait two years for some GT500 hood copy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The 350 fender vents are very much functional. If you look in the wheel well you can see where air enters the wheel wells and vents from the brakes and out through the sides.
Then why doesn't the 500 need it?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Someone who just might have been on the design team shared some insight on fender vent variants for the upcoming GT500. There was disagreement on the bezels chosen with the final choice being one of compromise (read: less expensive and not as good looking). Ford has done an admirable job in not showing (beyond an early spy photo or two) any sort of new vent design.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
someone posted here a while back(possible insider) about the hood having something additional to it that wasn't seen in the cgi vid. just sayin, we'll see in a few months.
Sponsored