Sponsored

Password Managers - what do you use?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Between work and personal, we all have to use a multitude of passwords and trying to remember all of them (for those who don’t store them on paper or digitally) that can be a hassle.

What Password Manager apps is everyone using?

Is it a free app or paid?

Is it Cloud based or device based (where the passwords are securely stored)?

How long have you been using it?
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I use lastpass.... using it for years. Easy to make backups and it works on everything (cell phones/computers). I paid when it was $12 a year... stopped when they updated it to allow free use on cell phones (I think you pay for family use now or something, dunno).

For items, such as banking, I use lastpass but don't let it store the password directly... I use a system that is easy for me to remember but harder for someone to guess....

For example, I'll have a bunch of random numbers.

a;skdjfa;sdjf;jag*83843kaj;dsf;adsf
akd;akhsdf324324ljldkfjsldjfsdflksj
alsdkf;erkerkerj;kje3434234234kj
lakgh;lagkh;asdkf23523lk;ajsdfas

I won't explain what I do, as that would be stupid... but I'll explain in general: take the 5 letters of the first row.... then the last 5 letters of the last row and that is your password. (I even vary that by using a "calculation" in my head for each site so I don't pull from the same location).

In this case, my password would be: a;skdsdfas

An hacker could still figure out your passwords, if they have access to your computer... but if they only have the password file itself, good luck with that. They will have some stuff, but not the most important. Honestly, I'm not worried if someone has the login credentials to this site for a brief period. Hopefully they won't get my email (which is not in lastpass) or my banking login details....

Obviously, that won't work on anything, but you get the idea. To anyone else, this looks like a bunch of random letters, numbers, and special characters.

FabTbird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Plus one for lastpass. I've been using the free version for about 2 years on cell and home computer.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Bumping this one

Is lastpass still the go to for choice password mgr?
Sponsored