You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime - nice write-up!! I love these, too. Not sure I have the talent or patience to do what you did :(.

Thanks buddy, judging by your build you absolutely do.

It's freaking simple. Vents are plug and play. OE harness is plug and play. All you have to know how to do is remove front tires and wheel wells and run a wire from each blinker plug and a ground and connect to OE harness.

Easy, breezy, beautiful....... Cover girl
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

It's freaking simple. Vents are plug and play. OE harness is plug and play. All you have to know how to do is remove front tires and wheel wells and run a wire from each blinker plug and a ground and connect to OE harness.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
A follow up and an FYI for others, the 2015 vents are NOT compatible with just swapping the light itself over. You must have 2016 vents as well, as the black mesh in the vents is welded to the entire vent body itself, not a separate piece.

Pics for reference:

2016 (hard to see the 3 little clips)
[MENTION=16493]Evil Minion[/MENTION]

So can a person that has a 2016 with the blinkers, buy a 2015 hood vent and swap the plastic and blinkers from the 2016 vent to the 2015 vent???

Does the plastic stuff under the vents even come off to be switched over from one to the other?????????

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
(STOP QUOTING PICTURES :p )

So can a person that has a 2016 with the blinkers, buy a 2015 hood vent and swap the plastic and blinkers from the 2016 vent to the 2015 vent???

Does the plastic stuff under the vents even come off to be switched over from one to the other?????????
No, it's not possible without custom cutting and modifications of the '15 vents. The black mesh part is plastic welded to the 2015 vent. It's for all intents and purposes one entire single piece.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
No, it's not possible without custom cutting and modifications of the '15 vents. The black mesh part is plastic welded to the 2015 vent. It's for all intents and purposes one entire single piece.
Thanks for your reply! LOL at the quote regarding the quoting of pics:lol::paddle:

Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Just did this mod using OP's suggestions/directions.

I was able to get the Roush take off signals for $100 via eBay, and in Oxford White. The paint match was perfect. (Although I had to fix a very small paint chip)

Ordered the wire harness from Tasca, $25 shipped. Another $25 for loom, wire, heat shrink, and I was in business.

I had mine professionally installed by my mechanic, so I probably paid a little too much. (Charged me for 3 hours at shop rate)

Came out perfect using OP's directions.

FWIW, if you're considering adding these, I would say it's worth it. Can't comment on the Starkey set up, because I don't have it. For my money, I would rather pay a small amount more for 99% OEM.

Thanks OP

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just did this mod using OP's suggestions/directions.

I was able to get the Roush take off signals for $100 via eBay, and in Oxford White. The paint match was perfect. (Although I had to fix a very small paint chip)

Ordered the wire harness from Tasca, $25 shipped. Another $25 for loom, wire, heat shrink, and I was in business.

I had mine professionally installed by my mechanic, so I probably paid a little too much. (Charged me for 3 hours at shop rate)

Came out perfect using OP's directions.

FWIW, if you're considering adding these, I would say it's worth it. Can't comment on the Starkey set up, because I don't have it. For my money, I would rather pay a small amount more for 99% OEM.

Thanks OP

That's awesome! Glad I could help and that's exactly why I made the DIY [emoji106]

I also agree that the OEM parts and look is better. Starkey makes a good kit but it doesn't look as good as stock fit and finnish.

dwstevens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Its definitely possible and actually quite easy. I did exactly this modification yesterday on my 2015 Mustang. The plastic welds break free very easily and I just used a good epoxy to get them all back together on my green painted heat extractors.

Sponsored

DJ Red Barron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat / 1986 Buick GN
Marker.

Thanks for the write-up!

BradN01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
Just got done popping the 2016 vents in and my 2015 already had the cutouts for the light plug. Gonna dive into the fender wells and just MAYBE the plug will be there too. Can anyone tell me what color wires go to what on the hood vent wiring harness?

Bucpower55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang v6

Question- Do you remember what color the ground was from the oe harness on the hood? and also what color the blinker wires you tapped into ? Thanks

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Question- Do you remember what color the ground was from the oe harness on the hood? and also what color the blinker wires you tapped into ? Thanks
Sorry, but nope. The post you are asking about was 7 years and 3 cars ago.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Sorry, but nope. The post you are asking about was 7 years and 3 cars ago.
Holy necro thread. 😄 This one is so old you and I both have different Mustangs. 😂……It was a great mod though, wish there was a way to do this I my current M1.
Sponsored