Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I'm liking this so far. The transmission is so much smoother, especially Sport mode. No more sluggishness over 5000 rpm, it just keeps pulling. This is how it should of been stock.
Sponsored

Rob0381

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS1 Premium W/PP
Has anyone installed the Airaid MIT onto their GT350 intake?

It looks like quite a bit of bending the stock tube right at the flex portion of where it connects to the box/filter, and the coupling to the turbo seems stretched off-center a little bit. It probably doesn’t hurt anything, but it just doesn’t look like an exact fit to me. I have tried adjusting mounting bolts, the tube and clamps, and it seems there’s no way around it. I’m considering buying a made for the ecoboost intake, instead of something Ford attempted to make fit that isn’t exact.

Any help is appreciated!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Anyone have an update/ inside scoop on the tune for the 18?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I get happy every time this thread updates... and then sad again. My mod list isn't very long, but this one is way up towards the top of what I want to do.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I get happy every time this thread updates... and then sad again. My mod list isn't very long, but this one is way up towards the top of what I want to do.
Dont get too excited about this happening for the 18s anytime soon. Us 15-17 folks had 2.5 years for the tune that was promised Christmas of 2015.

Sponsored

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
Anyone here run the Ford Performance Tune with the stock intake / air filter and the IAT sensor that is supplied in the calibration kit? Will I have any serious adverse effects?

EcoBond007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost named Hussy
So I am one of the unfortunate boomers. I was running the procal and some axlebacks. I had the new fuel sensor. I changed the oil more often than specified, same with plugs. I babied my car never raced definitely never tracked. No matter what I say it seems haters still want to say it was my fault it blew...whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Ford did honor the warranty even though I was at 43k miles because the dealer had told me the procal wouldnt void powertrain and I had that in writing. I wouldnt tempt fate and try again though because while my dealer was ok Ford overall was pretty much pricks about the whole ordeal. Long story long 9 weeks later I got my car back with a replaced long block. Now here's my question. If the tune is on the ecu and they didnt replace the ecu only mechanical parts is the tune still on my car? It feels like it probably is but I don't know enough of the tech aspects to be sure. Any help would be appreciated.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
So I am one of the unfortunate boomers. I was running the procal and some axlebacks. I had the new fuel sensor. I changed the oil more often than specified, same with plugs. I babied my car never raced definitely never tracked. No matter what I say it seems haters still want to say it was my fault it blew...whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Ford did honor the warranty even though I was at 43k miles because the dealer had told me the procal wouldnt void powertrain and I had that in writing. I wouldnt tempt fate and try again though because while my dealer was ok Ford overall was pretty much pricks about the whole ordeal. Long story long 9 weeks later I got my car back with a replaced long block. Now here's my question. If the tune is on the ecu and they didnt replace the ecu only mechanical parts is the tune still on my car? It feels like it probably is but I don't know enough of the tech aspects to be sure. Any help would be appreciated.
If you still have the odb2 dongle and the procal software you could log back in and see what ecu file it is running.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
What oil were you using? What type of spark plugs were you running? How long did you run the tune for?

Sponsored

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
Anyone here lose their stock tune? The dealership that I got it installed from said they no longer have the pc3 file. What steps did you take to get back your stock tune?

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Anyone here lose their stock tune? The dealership that I got it installed from said they no longer have the pc3 file. What steps did you take to get back your stock tune?
I had mine on a flah drive, but i cannot find it for hte life of me. I also wanted to know how to get a cars stock tune back.

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
The only way to get the stock tune back (if the dealer lost the .pc3 file) is for them to put "as-built" back into the PCM, and then re-install the FPP calibration. The stock tune is saved within the FPP .pc3 file.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
This is the first FP tune blow I heard of. Likely not the last I am afraid.

EcoBond007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost named Hussy
If you still have the odb2 dongle and the procal software you could log back in and see what ecu file it is running.
That's a good idea but I am not sure I know enough about the program to figure that out. I'll look on their website and see if I can figure it out.
Sponsored