AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Got to love the flex fuel at 48th st and Broadway. 91 is $3.59. FF is $2.69. Less with Safeway rewards. And more importantly good blend. 0 knock at WOT even in our hot weather.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Just thought I'd share what seems like spectacular customer service from Shaun over at AED. Without any additional mods or reaching out to him following the ff tune we finished a month or more ago, out of the blue yesterday he sends me a tune revision with some tranny tweaks to increase performance. To me seems like going above and beyond anything expected. Anyone on the cusp of ordering a tune keep that in mind. Not to mention the experience of working with him from start to finish during the original logging and tuning process.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
How's the tune still working out for you? Need to find the time now to slap my injectors in, and make sure it'll be a good week for tuning and getting logs.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hey guys we also have a great flex fuel tune for the mustang that I use on my personal daily driver 16 gt. We offer it in the 91-93 flex tune. Now as for power adders I would extremely recommend a gen 5 3.0 whipple. We have a complete stock 18 gt as our shop car with just a bolt on whipple and it is making about 700 hp to the ground and that's just on 93.Here is an article that our vehicle was just in. Feel free to contact me with any questions my name is Jake and number is 313-561-5500 ext 126. Thank you View attachment 311888 View attachment 311889 View attachment 311888 View attachment 311889
https://www.fordnxt.com/news/add-big-power-to-your-2018-mustang-with-the-livernois-s820-package/
2018 Mustang GT Whipple (1).jpg
18 Mustang S820 Run File .jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
How's the tune still working out for you? Need to find the time now to slap my injectors in, and make sure it'll be a good week for tuning and getting logs.
Great! Runs strong. Especially with it cooling off. But Shaun just had me switch back to 91 preparing for logging the new Steeda closed CAI. With the new MAF curve may take a few and wants to test on gas first to dial it in.

You definitely need to get going on the process ! I'll repeat though stay away from Texaco at 7th st and Indian School. Gave them another chance some time later but knock again. Been more than happy and consistent at the Chevron on 48th st and Broadway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Great! Runs strong. Especially with it cooling off. But Shaun just had me switch back to 91 preparing for logging the new Steeda closed CAI. With the new MAF curve may take a few and wants to test on gas first to dial it in.

You definitely need to get going on the process ! I'll repeat though stay away from Texaco at 7th st and Indian School. Gave them another chance some time later but knock again. Been more than happy and consistent at the Chevron on 48th st and Broadway.
Logging complete with the Steeda. Too much maf turbulence with and without the insert to run a flex tune. Is great for anyone running straight pump or e85 though. Swapping my stock intake back on with just a drop in filter (had a k&n new in box in my trunk since last xmas lol) today then will be looking to sell the Steeda setup. Again not good for anyone running a flex setup but great for anyone else.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Logging complete with the Steeda. Too much maf turbulence with and without the insert to run a flex tune. Is great for anyone running straight pump or e85 though. Swapping my stock intake back on with just a drop in filter (had a k&n new in box in my trunk since last xmas lol) today then will be looking to sell the Steeda setup. Again not good for anyone running a flex setup but great for anyone else.
Bummer to hear that about the Steeda intake. Sent Shaun a message today to get started with my flex fuel update. Hoping to get injectors dropped in this weekend. :rockon:

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Bummer to hear that about the Steeda intake. Sent Shaun a message today to get started with my flex fuel update. Hoping to get injectors dropped in this weekend. :rockon:
Awesome!!!! That combined with the great cooler air we have been getting she should be a beast ! Plus the pump prices won't hurt either :)

I'll say Shaun was great as always through the intake testing and very patient with it, probably more so than I was.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Finish up logging yet?? Running Shaun's ff tune at full now???

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Yup, all done logging. Sent him my last log yesterday after E85 fillup, said all looks good. Love how fast this thing revs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yup, all done logging. Sent him my last log yesterday after E85 fillup, said all looks good. Love how fast this thing revs.
Great! Where are filling up currently? What kind of timing were you seeing in the logs ?

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
First fillup was at that station I had mentioned previously, the Chevron @ Scottsdale Rd and Deer Valley. They weren't out for my visit, although they were having trouble with their payment system and was declining cards at the pump. Scared me for a second, fortunately able to do payments inside. Only place I can find in the north valley still, if you know any others let me know.

Still novice at reading these logs myself, but if I am reading it right seeing 28* on the hit at 3000rpm, with a -4 knock value. Then seems to fluctuate between 26.5 and 29.5 through the rpm range, with knock staying down at -4 for for most that, but with a little bit of a peak of -2 little before 6000rpm.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
First fillup was at that station I had mentioned previously, the Chevron @ Scottsdale Rd and Deer Valley. They weren't out for my visit, although they were having trouble with their payment system and was declining cards at the pump. Scared me for a second, fortunately able to do payments inside. Only place I can find in the north valley still, if you know any others let me know.

Still novice at reading these logs myself, but if I am reading it right seeing 28* on the hit at 3000rpm, with a -4 knock value. Then seems to fluctuate between 26.5 and 29.5 through the rpm range, with knock staying down at -4 for for most that, but with a little bit of a peak of -2 little before 6000rpm.
Unfortunately that is the only one on the north east side I know. I cannot speak on north west though. A member on here was actually reporting the station at Broadway and valvista was testing almost to e70 which is super high for AZ so I may make the drive out there to see lol.

Are those negative knock values in a wot log? If that is the case my guess is PCM is still adjusting/ learning the fuel trim and you may get some additional added timing. Keep in mind anything more than a 4 gallon fill up will trigger the relearn so if you log right after fill up logs may vary.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Logs were pulled morning after fillup (after 30min drive home), so hopefully all learned up. My understanding was the negative knock values were a good thing, indicating ECU trying to add timing in. And it was the positive knock values that were the bad kind.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Logs were pulled morning after fillup (after 30min drive home), so hopefully all learned up. My understanding was the negative knock values were a good thing, indicating ECU trying to add timing in. And it was the positive knock values that were the bad kind.
Right positive is bad.

But in theory there would be more timing being added after adjusting to the negative knock value especially if as low as -4.
Sponsored