2019 GT PP1 A10
Is ESE enabled on 5.0 GT's?
Sponsored

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
Is there a link to how to disable the fake engine noise. Like instructions on how to do itfrom begining to end?
Thank You

QUOTE="REAZO, post: 2307359, member: 21986"]I haven't been on the forum in quite a while. Actually sold my GT350. I used ForScan to deactivate the exhaust sound pumped into the speakers. I also changed the cobra (at start up) to red like on the GT350R. For me, it made a TON of difference turning of the fake sound, but my situation was a little unique.

I had upgraded the speakers and professionally put in an amplifier to help the awful stereo. The stock stereo was one of the worst I have seen in a new car in a very long time. (2016 Tech Pack). When I upgraded the stereo, it amplified the pumped in exhaust noise. It was awful. Ford uses the "amp load" to determine when the noise is pumped, so I found that it wasn't even timed correctly. I just had the horrible fake and loud exhaust noise coming from the speakers. I can't even describe how bad it was.

The ForScan deleted it and it sounded as God intended. Beautiful.

I miss that car regularly. May get another one in the next year or so.

Good luck. Somewhere in this thread are the instructions I used. I'd post them but gave the print out away to the new owner.[/QUOTE]

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Without going through all 54 pages, are there links to the software and the device itself?
What you need to know is in the first two pages...

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
I just want to point out again that the Engine Sound Enhancement AKA Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) defeat that is listed in the GT350 spreadsheet is wrong.

For example, the lines in that spreadsheet for the 2017 Convenience Pack are stated like this:

ACM 727-01-01 1850 F000 44CC ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-01 1850 FA00 44D6 ANC enabled

Which would be better represented as this:

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-01 xxxx xAxx xxxx ANC enabled

But this is wrong. Putting a 0 in place of an A in that position doesn't just tell the ACM to turn off ANC, it also tells the ACM that the front tweeters are absent.

The correct value in place of an A is actually 8. That disables ANC and leaves everything else alone.

So the correct listing for that would be:

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x8xx xxxx ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-01 xxxx xAxx xxxx ANC enabled

This is confirmed on my 2017 GT350 Tech Pack car.

Further, a more thorough defeat may also include:

ACM 727-01-02 xx00 xx ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-02 xx88 xx ANC enabled

Those lines appear to control the mixing by channel of the noise control.

And as it happens, if you do both of those, the as-built in your ACM will be identical to a similarly equipped GT's as-built, which comes from the factory with no ANC.
Spart - I've updated the S550 FORScan spreadsheet to include the above corrections...would you take a look and ensure I've got it right?

Thanks.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/forscan-codes-s550-mustangs.98260/page-1

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I just bought the usb corded version of the odbd tool.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

ryanr24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I’m trying to disable anc and change to line level out. In FORScan. However I’m getting an error
“this adaptor has can bus compatibility problems and cannot be used in some functions” I’m using an obdlink mx Bluetooth. I have no issues changing other things line splash screen, seatbelts etc.

Any ideas?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I’m trying to disable anc and change to line level out. In FORScan. However I’m getting an error
“this adaptor has can bus compatibility problems and cannot be used in some functions” I’m using an obdlink mx Bluetooth. I have no issues changing other things line splash screen, seatbelts etc.

Any ideas?
Are you sure you’re connected to the vehicle?
Has your Extended License expired?
When in doubt, I restart everything.. That’s about all I got, good luck.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
For those looking for a sport mode exhaust fix if you hit the start button without starting the car you can switch to sport mode before starting the car. not a fix but a work around starting in normal mode.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

Any ideas?
You might try posting in the main FORScan/as-built thread. I haven't heard of that one before.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
For those looking for a sport mode exhaust fix if you hit the start button without starting the car you can switch to sport mode before starting the car. not a fix but a work around starting in normal mode.
You can hear the valves actuate if you listen, and the car does not open the valves until a brief moment after the car starts. It doesn't matter what you select while you're in key on/engine off mode (for lack of a better term since we don't have keys.)

The only way I've heard a loud cold start in the car is to start it when the valves are cycling.

Get in the car somewhere quiet with the door open, and push the clutch to the floor. You'll hear the valves cycle open, closed, open, closed. If you happen to start it while the valves are open, you'll get a loud start.

Short of that I believe you need to get a delete kit.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
You can hear the valves actuate if you listen, and the car does not open the valves until a brief moment after the car starts. It doesn't matter what you select while you're in key on/engine off mode (for lack of a better term since we don't have keys.)

The only way I've heard a loud cold start in the car is to start it when the valves are cycling.

Get in the car somewhere quiet with the door open, and push the clutch to the floor. You'll hear the valves cycle open, closed, open, closed. If you happen to start it while the valves are open, you'll get a loud start.

Short of that I believe you need to get a delete kit.
AWE Tuning makes a module that allows us to run the valves open or closed without the car deciding what it wants to do. It still retains the ability to open and close the valves at the push of a button, yet it wont open them above 2/3 throttle or close them in 6th gear. It also doesn't throw a CEL or lock you out of drive modes. There's a great thread on the topic by @GT350Brakes.com you should check out if you want to get around this feature.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Subscribing!

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I'm in!

Connected the system, loaded all the modules, and am ready to play. I'll update the basics (ESE, seatbelt, NAV, keyless horn, darkmode) next weekend.
Sponsored