Sponsored

Register a supercharged Mustang in Sweden - does anyone know how to prove brake system is OK?

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
I hope I can explain what I'm after. I just moved from the US to Sweden and I'm trying to get my car registered and plated with the Swedish authorities.
Since it has a supercharger it's a bit iffy.

First question was about emissions, I have the CARB cert from Whipple so that should be OK. I'll get a signed statement from the boys who installed
it as well saying that it's compliant in the state where it was installed just in case, so that should also help.

What I might need and am unsure how to approach is how to prove that the break system is still up to snuff at the higher power output level.

I assume Ford certifies per FMVSS standards and I can imagine their certification is good up through certain power levels?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks! //
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Are there any American car clubs in your area. There may be people who have gone through the same thing with other cars.

OP
OP
Swedish Meatballs

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Yes, there might be but the few I have found haven't had any issues specific to brakes/suspension and FMVSS. There are lots of Mustangs around here,
the thing is that it's impossible to have a street legal supercharged machine unless you brought it with you from a different country and only if you owned
and used it in that country for more than 1 year (and that it was legal in that country, of course). That being said there aren't that many supercharged
Mustangs around.

I guess what would be nice to have is some kind of document either from some Federal instance or from Ford where the technical specification of the
S550 is described and with wording around how it matches the legislation. Not sure if it exists though which is why I'm not sure why it's being asked for
or how to prove compliance.
Sponsored