AM or LMR which website do you use

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Both. LMR is closer to me so I get my stuff a bit sooner.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Beefcake has the best sales on big ticket items. Ive used both AM and LMR alot. Returned items to both. For various reasons over the years. and never had an issue with either company.

DCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually taken apart.
You're comparing a retail customer to a retailer. AM and LMR are buying tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars of Steeda product, paying to warehouse the product and spending their own money to advertise and promote that product. They are using their own labor and capital to make installation videos to help people feel comfortable purchasing Steeda's products then providing warranty support when things go wrong. They are making an investment in Steeda to help Steeda succeed with the hope that by growing and supporting the Steeda brand, they will generate sales for themselves as well

A Steeda rep telling customers to skip purchasing from their retailers, after these companies have made a large investment to support the Steeda brand is shady to me.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
"You can also order direct from www.steeda.com - order straight from the manufacturing :)"

That is the very definition of cutting the middle man out.
Its great he supports this forum, but those companies are investing in his products, trying to go around them hurts the very companies that are supporting him.
When a customer is asking what site is best to order from & what other members are using - that is an open invitation to have members & vendors respond with their feedback. At times, our customers don't always know they can order direct from the manufacturer.

Based on the OPs question - he or she did not mention a specific product that he or she was ordering from AM or LMR - so no malicious attempt to "steal" business was offered. Both companies supply many different product lines than that of Steeda.

I appreciate your feedback & concern - we all work together & we support our distributors and vendors.

Best Regards,

TJ

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
LMR. Best customer service out of every vendor I have used so far.

Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I have ordered from AM,CJ,LMR and Steeda all are great.I live in Pennsylvania so sales tax adds to the price. I tend to look at LMR or Steeda if they have the things I need. I love the MMD products but AM is the sole distributor for them.Get the forum discounts watch for sale prices.I have never had a bad experience with any of them.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I bought a RTR axle back exhaust from AM. Within a few months one of the mufflers seemed to have broken a baffle and rattled. Contacted AM about it, and all they said was I had to provide a work order from a mechanic stating the claim before they could do anything. BYE Felicia. Replaced with SLP and life is good. I have had great luck with beefcake, lethal, and CJPP on many other items.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Whichever is cheaper for whatever I'm buying.

LMR, AM, CJ, Beefcake had some really good sales for Labor Day, Steeda...
That's exactly what I do also. They're all good companies, but a buck is a buck.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Never heard of beefcake. Going to have to look into that..... blue thunder sorry for that experience. I would have been pretty upset myself! Yea i bought a back panel from AM the other day and the left corner was damaged. Maybe ill stick to LMR!
Team Beefcake Racing. He is also a member here, great customer service and more of a "personal" touch than AM or LMR IMO. He has posted his cell number here several times and offers support up to 10pm I believe. @beefcake

Sponsored

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I bought a RTR axle back exhaust from AM. Within a few months one of the mufflers seemed to have broken a baffle and rattled. Contacted AM about it, and all they said was I had to provide a work order from a mechanic stating the claim before they could do anything. BYE Felicia. Replaced with SLP and life is good. I have had great luck with beefcake, lethal, and CJPP on many other items.
On the wheels that I returned that had a wobble and a hop; the required a work order from the tire shop. The previous 8 wheels were chipped up and no requirement...meh.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I'm sorry that happened to you but I don't think its fair to blame AM. They don't manufacture the wheels so they would have no way to know if a wheel was in spec or not. They came in on a pallet, they just shipped you the unlucky one. Same as speculating how long the TPMS sensors sat on the shelf.
Shipping wise, most companies ship large items in the manufacture's packaging. The fact you're getting multiple damaged wheels while the majority of people receive them without a problem points more toward a careless or disgruntled UPS guy somewhere along the way to your home.

Where it becomes AM's fault is if they don't make it right. If they don't fix the problem then by all means, AM deserves to be called out.

Personally I've used both and had great experiences. I've also used C J Pony because of their installation videos. I'm going to try Beefcake because of his posts on here too.

I also think it's pretty shady of TJ@Steeda to be on here trying to cut out Steeda's own retailers. They're selling and supporting your products, you should be supporting them.
I agree in part; but I asked them after the first set didn't survive the trip to inspect them before shipping and to put them on a pallet or otherwise make it more difficult for UPS to mess them up. Declined, round 2. 3rd set and half were defective. Not sure of the ones I returned prior were defective, but the odds don't bode well.

But in the end, they did make it right. Took waaaay more effort than it should IMO though.

Reactions: DCC

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Last thing I ordered from AM took about a month to receive and it showed "In Stock" status at time of order. They ended up drop shipping it from the manufacturer after several contacts to see what the deal was.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Don't limit your self to only two. Using the part number look it up on Google Shopping.
Sponsored