Sponsored

Why didn't you wait or want the vert?

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I started with a '75 MG Midget in 1989 and kept it until No. 1 was born in 1996. Then I bought a TR8 in 2004 and sold in 2009. Always loved convertibles. Finally reached a point in my life when I am no longer ferrying kids around and wanted to get something with pizzaz. Looked at Challengers because they had a useable back seat, then thought, not buying this to cart my friends around. Wife suggested back to a Mustang and get the convertible, so we can cruise top down whenever we like. So there it is. I do like the looks of the coupe but hey, happy wife, happy life!

Mine is going to be a daily driver year round. Toronto winters aren't too bad but we do have our cold and snow (and salt). I bought it to drive and am not worried about wear and tear. I'll take bugs and paint chips on the front over permanent show shine any day.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It all comes down to driving experience. I heard a review recently where the guy stated; "I loved walking up to it, but when I drove it it just didn't do it for me"
That was my experience with my 2016 coupe. I tried hard to be in denial and not admit I had made a mistake. In the end I really wanted the top down experience and something I could enjoy with the family (functional back seat) and look forward to driving no matter what the conditions. I went on a road trip to PA with my daughter and the car was a blast top up or down. You can also really extend your driving season and be more comfortable with a windrestrictor installed-- they are amazing on the hwy and when the wind is a bit strong. Unless you are a track or drag strip guy you really are not going to give up anything with the Vert. The under bracing, combined with a few subtle mods make this thing just a capable as the coupe. If your only reference is the vert pre-s550 then you may have an argument there. I've chatted with several guys coming from older verts to the s550 and they are shocked at how much tighter it is. For anyone who wants more detail I just posted in the convertible forum regarding my coupe to convertible experience. Regardless I am not of the mindset of arguing as to which is better. I know a lot of guys who love their coupe and they look great and perform well. Drive what fits your lifestyle and needs/desires.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Convertibles are one of those things where once you experience it, you can no longer go back to boring cages. One of the best feelings is the first topless day of the year. You literally cannot stop smiling, because it feels so damn good. Also if you're single, it makes for the perfect first impression every single time :wink:
Sponsored