AM or LMR which website do you use

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT, 1998 Pontiac Trans Am
Just curious what website do you guys use for your pony. American muscle or Late model resoration. Or both. Is one website better than the other. Just wondering what most people out there use. Thanks
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I use AM more, and I like their site better. But I wouldnt hesitate from buying from LMR for a minute either. I purchase through Beefcake racing any time I can though.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Whichever is cheaper for whatever I'm buying.

LMR, AM, CJ, Beefcake had some really good sales for Labor Day, Steeda...

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I've always used AM....BUT....my latest experience does have me second-guessing.

I purchased a Magnaflow catback through them. It arrived with only one muffler in the box. I then call to tell them and the guy on the other end of the phone LITERALLY spends 10 minutes telling me that the Magnaflow Competition Catback system "only comes with one muffler". :crazy: It literally took hanging up with him and calling back to get someone who knew how an exhaust system works and who knew that it wasn't right. Plus, I bought the non-active exhaust system and they sent the active exhaust, so it wouldn't work anyway.

At that point I told them just send me a FRPP by Borla Sport catback. They did. Via GROUND UPS. So while the Magnaflow took 2 days, the FRPP took 5. And when it got to the shop, guess what? It was missing the entire X-pipe. :angry:

Called them back AGAIN to explain the situation. 2 1/2 hours on the phone with them later, they finally agree to ship me a Corsa Xtreme Catback as they did not have any more of the FRPP in stock and weren't expecting any for weeks. My car sat at the shop for TWO WEEKS during that whole ordeal. Didn't really leave me feeling excited to be a customer, which I have been since they launched in 2003.

Even worse, my younger brother bought a JLT catch can for his '18 EcoBoost there. It came in damaged. He returned it, they shipped another. Also damaged. So he returned it and bought one through Lethal Performance which came in perfect condition.

Not sure what the heck is going on at AM these days, but it's no longer worry-free ordering for me.

Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I prefer LMR. Customer service is always excellent !

OP
OP
Shadow5.0

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Never heard of beefcake. Going to have to look into that..... blue thunder sorry for that experience. I would have been pretty upset myself! Yea i bought a back panel from AM the other day and the left corner was damaged. Maybe ill stick to LMR!

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
If you're a Canadian, LMR is a no brainer. The shipping price you gets includes everything, no need to worry about ignorant brokerage charges from the couriers and tax is already factored in. Have yet to have any surprises with LMR.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Beefcake all day :)

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
AM is a hard sell for me going forward. I ordered a set of wheels, all arrived with ding-damage. Next set, similar damage. 3rd set, replacements are OK. Not perfect, but OK. Take them to the tire shop to have tires installed, 2 wheels aren't right, one with a wobble, one with a hop; the other two are fine. Last set comes in, one has a ding on the backside and I'm all "FK IT" and get the tires mounted and ready for my car to arrive.

Also, the TPMS sensors I got from them, while they work read well, they only last about 30-45m before they start dropping off and giving me TPMS Offline errors on 3 of the 4 wheels. They'll come back maybe an hour later; or if I leave the car off for a while. Suspect they sat on the shelf too long and the batteries are low. Not worth the trouble to swap them out; so until they either stop working entirely or I wear this set of tires out...I'll deal.

I kind of 'forgot' and ordered the Steeda jacking rails. Arrives with 9 bolts (only should have had 8) and the box ripped open because they didn't do squat to protect anything and UPS doesn't give a crap. One end of them has a slight ding to it where the paint came off, but meh...I needed them installed more than I needed to return them and if it rusts, I'll swap them out with fresh ones from another vendor.

Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
LMR has great customer service. It'd be a no-brainer for me compared to the horror stories I've heard about AM.

OP
OP
Shadow5.0

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow! Didn't realize how bad AM has been to several people. The more I hear the more I'm staying away from AM. LMR sounds right to me :like:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You can also order direct from www.steeda.com - order straight from the manufacturing :)

DCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually taken apart.
I'm sorry that happened to you but I don't think its fair to blame AM. They don't manufacture the wheels so they would have no way to know if a wheel was in spec or not. They came in on a pallet, they just shipped you the unlucky one. Same as speculating how long the TPMS sensors sat on the shelf.
Shipping wise, most companies ship large items in the manufacture's packaging. The fact you're getting multiple damaged wheels while the majority of people receive them without a problem points more toward a careless or disgruntled UPS guy somewhere along the way to your home.

Where it becomes AM's fault is if they don't make it right. If they don't fix the problem then by all means, AM deserves to be called out.

Personally I've used both and had great experiences. I've also used C J Pony because of their installation videos. I'm going to try Beefcake because of his posts on here too.

I also think it's pretty shady of TJ@Steeda to be on here trying to cut out Steeda's own retailers. They're selling and supporting your products, you should be supporting them.

Last edited:

DCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually taken apart.
"You can also order direct from www.steeda.com - order straight from the manufacturing :)"

That is the very definition of cutting the middle man out.
Its great he supports this forum, but those companies are investing in his products, trying to go around them hurts the very companies that are supporting him.
Sponsored