My '16 GT up against a Camero, Magnum, and Vette @ Musclepalooza

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Labor day weekend. Predictable results, but a fun watch anyways. Enjoy!
Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Fun stuff! Thanks for sharing. Do you have a roll bar in that vert? A lot of tracks won't allow convertibles without them.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
*Camaro* not Camero

Also. Worry less about the car you are racing and more on your reaction time, dial in and overall race. Bracket racing is as much about racing yourself than your opponent. Your elimination round reaction time as very good, unfortunately your dial-in was off. Often as the day progresses and the weather tends to cool down when eliminations starts, cars will sometimes run a little faster than they did in the warmer weather. Also as you progress through rounds, car times might vary if your car is affected by running hot or cold.

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
In bracket racing, whatever lines up next to you is not very important. Nailing the light and being consistent is how to win. Also, that is a 12-15 Camaro ZL1.

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Fun stuff! Thanks for sharing. Do you have a roll bar in that vert? A lot of tracks won't allow convertibles without them.
Depends on how you handle it. If you call and ask, no bar - no run. If you just show up, they turn their heads (if you're mostly stock)

Sponsored

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
In bracket racing, whatever lines up next to you is not very important. Nailing the light and being consistent is how to win. Also, that is a 12-15 Camaro ZL1.
Ya, I know. The video is geared more towards Facebook friends who don't understand bracket racing, so I played up the "who crosses the line first" thing.
The real problem with the Vette was that he was a seasoned pro with all the goodies to run his dialed in time. The Hemi was a young kid driving a stick (against my auto), giving me the edge. HOWEVER, I broke out of my time by 1/2 a second anyway, so moot point.

With 1st run @ 12.82 and 2nd @ 12.95, and humidity/temps went way up since 2nd run, so I figured 12.85 would be good. Never would of guessed it would be my fastest run of the day!

BTW - only my 2nd time tracking it. I also wasn't paying too much attention to specific models, so thanks for the correction.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I was the other Blue mustang in the Modern Muscle class there Sunday. I did not have a good showing, the new fuel system is worse than the factory one. Best I could manage was a 11.0 @ 128 coasting through in 4th. I wish I met up with you, but I was chasing my tail trying to figure out what was going on with the car.

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I was the other Blue mustang in the Modern Muscle class there Sunday. I did not have a good showing, the new fuel system is worse than the factory one. Best I could manage was a 11.0 @ 128 coasting through in 4th. I wish I met up with you, but I was chasing my tail trying to figure out what was going on with the car.
If I did 11.0 they would kick me out for no roll cage! I'll see you next year!
Sponsored