Hennessey Heritage Edition Mustang

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
I know info regarding this was posted in the Australia Local Section on Tuesday. But I thought I'd post it here. Has 808HP & claimed 0-60 in 3.3 sec. Making only 19. Price: $89,950.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
The Hennessey hype is over blown IMO. They had a bad stretch a long time ago, and people still talk down.

Ive personally met John Hennessey and he is a good guy, and passionate about his brand.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I wouldn't own a fucking pen with his name on it.

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
A bad stretch? I get if a shop was taking in more work than they could handle and fell a little behind. He was blatantly ripping people off and selling parts off customer cars. People were also paying for work/parts that never got done but they were surely charged for it. Many had to get lawyers involved to even get their car(in many cases what was left of them) out of there. Way too many great shops out there to even consider sending something to John, especially here in Texas.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The car is pretty damn nice. I like that it's under-stated, not too in-your-face with wings and graphics and crap. Pretty tame.

But it sounds like HPE might have a few issues.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I’m from Houston. Lived here for 40 years. The HPE story goes was back to the early Viper days. I have no first hand knowledge and what follows is the “word on the street” so take it for just that and get in your time machine.

I personally have met him a a few times and has always been treated nicely and he seems like a true car enthusiast with a great company. I would have no problem with giving HPE a car to work on but to each their own.

The story goes like this:
A new Viper arrives at HPE. Parts are removed and put on another car that came in sometime before. What type of car the story seems to leave out. This process continues like a pyramid scheme until no new cars are coming in. Thus the pyramid fails. Customers began to get suspicious when their cars are not ready when promised. They then try to get their car back and all hell breaks loose.

That’s it. That’s the story. Mind you this was all during his startup. He is still in business. Not sure how much if any is true, but that’s the story.

I’ve never meet any of the customers that experienced the story. Not sure I ever will.

Like I said earlier, I would have no problem buying a product from HPE except for the cost. He ain’t cheap.

Last edited:

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I’m from Houston. Lived here for 40 years. The HPE story goes was back to the early Viper days. I have no first hand knowledge and what follows is the “word on the street” so take it for just that and get in your time machine.

I personally have met him a a few times and has always been treated nicely and he seems like a true care enthusiast with a great company. I would have no problem with giving HPE a car to work on but to each their own.

The story goes like this:
A new Viper arrives at HPE. Parts are removed and put on another car that came in sometime before. What type of car the story seems to leave out. This process continues like a pyramid scheme until no new cars are coming in. Thus the pyramid fails. Customers began to get suspicious when their cars are not ready when promised. They then try to get their car back and all hell breaks loose.

That’s it. That’s the story. Mind you this was all during his startup. He is still in business. Not sure how much if any is true, but that’s the story.

I’ve never meet any of the customers that experienced the story. Not sure I ever will.

Like I said earlier, I would have no problem buying a product from HPE except for the cost. He ain’t cheap.
A neighbor (who is not a 'car guy' but our standards) has owned multiple HPE vehicles and never had an issue. Currently he has a 650(?) C7 vette. Its not a bad car.