Sponsored

2019 Bullitt 1320ft time?

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I actually feel bad for the Bullitt owner that more than likely paid over retail to just be cool. Then runs 13.6 @ 108 mph in a 50k plus car. Yeah all us non Bullitt owners are so jealous. :).
Why the negativity? Maybe you are jealous.... The Bullitt is a better car; A Loaded PP1 with unique styling, GT350 intake, 20 more hp and a nastier exhaust note to boot. If you load a GT with the same options it isn't much cheaper but the bullitt will hold its value better for resale. And I for one didn't pay over retail for mine even though theres fewer available in Canada than the US... Although Ive heard of more than one dealer here getting up to $10k over list.
The fact that its "cool" is a bonus. my $.02
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Time will tell...….

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yes, I think 12.0 or better is quite possible, and a 0-60 right in the 4.0 range....., but has to be someone with experience and knows what their doing. That's not me.... Looking forward to seeing the some times. Also looking forward to see a what the dyno numbers are.
I couldn't care less about drag times personally so I probably won't put mine through the abuse of hard launches at the drag strip. The answer to your dyno question is already out there, at least from one run. 410 whp and 371 ft/lbs. Source:

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Seems low. Hopefully there is a lot more in that last 700 rpms. We need to get some more dynos.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Seems low. Hopefully there is a lot more in that last 700 rpms. We need to get some more dynos.
Haven't seen the video yet, but Widmann stated the Bullitt makes max HP at redline....

Sponsored

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I actually feel bad for the Bullitt owner that more than likely paid over retail to just be cool. Then runs 13.6 @ 108 mph in a 50k plus car. Yeah all us non Bullitt owners are so jealous. :).
It's statements like this that made me hesitant to post the times.

The guy that ran a 13.6@108 was a guest driver of a pre-production car and he only got 3 total runs. I believe Ford owned the car at the time and it was being used to raise money for cancer awareness. I'm looking forward to seeing some times by owners that are used to drag racing and are familiar with their cars.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It's statements like this that made me hesitant to post the times.

The guy that ran a 13.6@108 was a guest driver of a pre-production car and he only got 3 total runs. I believe Ford owned the car at the time and it was being used to raise money for cancer awareness. I'm looking forward to seeing some times by owners that are used to drag racing and are familiar with their cars.
Don't worry about the stupid commenters, I see dummies like that every day on my YouTube videos. Those that bother to pay attention already knew and understood the context of the 1/4 mile time the first time you wrote it. The haters are just ready to grasp at whatever straws they can.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
It’s an internet thing.
I guarantee to you non of the haters would actually go up to a person and say these things in person. (Ya know, real life)
I remember they days someone would get a bloody nose if they talked to someone like that.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't change reality, and that is a 2018 GT 6MT is +/- 12.5 second car (Fact)…..and the Bullitt has 20 more HP and makes HP all the way to rediline (Fact)….

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Some people buy a Mustang to drag race.

Some buy one because they want a great daily driver.

Some buy an automatic because they can't drive stick.

Some buy one to fulfill a lifelong dream of owning a new Mustang.

Some want a manual, but buy an automatic because their knees are shagged.

Some buy a GT350 because they like whining about sagging bumpers, oil consumption and brittle OPG's.

Some buy a Bullitt because they don't drag race, they want a great daily, they will fulfill an ambition, they can drive stick, their knees are still OEM, they're not precious darlings, they like the history of the badge and they appreciate all things green :).

image_uploaded_from_ios_44_2.jpg
I really enjoyed reading this. Sounds like you've had some knee issues in your life time. I have also had a few knee issues but lucky it hasn't affected my ability to drive stick.

To the point of your really good post. Everyone buys a Mustang for a different reason. I have loved this car since I was 15 staring at a 91 foxbody GT at the car lot by my house. Not like I could afford one. I ended up with a ford festiva with a 1.3 4 cylinder. It was my first stick and I stalled that thing around my house probably 50 times till I figured it out.

In 2001 I picked up my first Stang coming out of the Navy. A 1999 GT. What a car! I bolted on everything mod I could afford working while going to college. Could not get enough of it. But eventually I sold her to fund a different hobby. Picked up my latest a few years ago which renewed my love for the stang. Even during those years without a stang, I kept Steeda programmed in my phone. I know I would eventually get another one.

Back to the post. I got it because I have always loved the Mustang. The look, the feel, the way she drives. Everything! Sure in a perfect world, I'd have a 911 GT3 RS...or a P1 but my last name is not Gates, Musk or Cuban (Not that it has to be to buy a 400k car). And I bought a stick cause I just cant imagine having an auto. I like to think its cause I love the control but maybe its just as simple as I'm old. I know all things being equal, I cannot shift as fast as these new dual clutch trannies. And I dont fault anyone who buys the Auto. More power to you...just not for me. It does help that I have an F150 Auto as a daily. No way I'd want to do rush hour in a stick.

The Bullitt is an amazing looking car and I love the history. The first time I drove in San Fran, the only thing I could think of was the chase scene. If the Bullitt would have been out in 2015, I'd probably have one. To the odd ball that thinks the 1/4 mile time makes the man (or the car). No one is listening to you. 13.6 with an inexperienced driver on a hot day is not that bad. With a few more passes, he will figure it out. Plus the car is so much more than the time. The heritage, the look, the feel, the VALUE and limited release! All will make that car a magnet at any car meet.

What is more concerning was the dyno numbers being a tic lower than the GT numbers. Hopefully that's not the norm. Tho even if it is...Whipple, Procharger, and Vortech will have a good fix for it.

Well...that's probably longer than it should have been just to say I love the Mustang! Keep Modding!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I really enjoyed reading this. Sounds like you've had some knee issues in your life time. I have also had a few knee issues but lucky it hasn't affected my ability to drive stick....
My knees are fine. I actually prefer a manual because I love engine braking, but I've read a fair few posts from people wishing Ford built an A10 Bullitt because they can no longer drive stick.

If you search "knees" on the forum you'll get 427 hits.....there are a bunch here who are auto only drivers.

Bannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hey folks,

Found this thread when searching for a real road test on the 2019 Bullitt. I ran mine last night at Richmond Dragway. Hand not been on the strip in 10+ years. About 83 degrees out, only made 2 passes due to time and antsy kids. First run was track mode with none of the track app stuff on. Car ran well, driver did not. First run was not able to heat the tires at all in the bleach box. Spun so bad off the line, that I short shifted at about 5500 in 1st to second. Result and abysmal [email protected]. Second run RTFM in the staging lanes and figured, while I would not want to chance frapping around with the line-lock, I did use the launch control set at 4100rpms. Still no heat in the tires, better but still bad launch resulting in [email protected].

Before I get flamed for being a complete idiot, When I had my 2006 Mustang GT with just an intake and mild tune I ran a [email protected]. I also had a 460 big block powered Superformance Cobra and ran back to back 11.90s@118mph on street tires. So with a few more runs, I'm confident I could have touched the high 12's if not better. MPH I was seeing supports runs in the 12's. Still down about 4-6mph from what I expected, but because I could not hook up, I was basically red lining the car in 3rd through the trap.

I was just running last night to get a ballpark baseline before the Edelbrock Eforce stage 1 supercharger goes on in the second week of September. :rockon::cwl: Even with my rusty driving, I betting I skip the 12's and dip into the 11's.

Thanks for letting me bend your ear.

JB

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Those are not bad times. With the long gearing our Bullitts are very hard to launch on the Michelins. Either bog or wheel spin. What were your 60 foot times? Did you lower the air pressure?

Bannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
GreenS550,

I didn't air down the tires. I was running late and had zero prep to pull out some of the old tricks. In both my 2006 GT and the Cobra, I'd normally run 25psi in the rear and set the front tires to 40+ .

60 FT times were horrendous. 2.68 sec on the first run and 2.38 on the second. Old mustang I was running about 2.0 flat and in the Cobra I could rip off a 1.60.

Off topi mostly: I priced out a set of 20x10's and 20x11 Custom Torque Thrust II rims because One, With the supercharger coming I want to be able to run 315's in the back. Two, because it drives me crazy that Ford went for a modern torque thrust wheel in black when the original car had grey Torque Thrusts wheels on it. American racing does not make a 20x10 or 20x11 that fits our cars. I was able to sync up with AR and they said, they could take one of their current wheels and paint them grey and make sure they have the offset set correctly.on them. Have you seen the rims on the Steve McQueen edition Bullitt that Steeda produces? In the pictures they appear to be what I was looking for, however when Gas Monkey garage aired the recreation of the Bullitt, chase seen in San Francisco, Chad McQueen roles up in the Steve McQueen edition Bullitt. The rims on his car look black to me. Steeda wont sell their wheel set outright to customers. They only come with a Bullitt. They are going to make a comparable set in about 3 years, but If you want something sooner, then AR has to custom make them. for you to the tune of about $600-$700 a wheel. Needless to say, I'll be counting my pennies to be able to afford them.

JB

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
If you had a few more runs to practice the launch I can't see why the car would not be in the 12's
Sponsored