Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

Draughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS, '17 Volt
Dealership just north of Seattle is asking $125k for R allocation...... Want over MSRP for 19 350 allocation w/ 2 sitting on the lot at $3k under MSRP. I've decided to grab a used R in the spring for the 70ish they're selling for across the country. Go Ford!
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Dealership just north of Seattle is asking $125k for R allocation...... Want over MSRP for 19 350 allocation w/ 2 sitting on the lot at $3k under MSRP. I've decided to grab a used R in the spring for the 70ish they're selling for across the country. Go Ford!
is this bickford ford? seattle ford dealers are just the worst

Draughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS, '17 Volt
is this bickford ford? seattle ford dealers are just the worst
:like: They were ok to me on the RS I bought from them when other dealers were building fleets of 350s/RS and asking ridiculous ADM. Sofa seat to Recaro is about 10:1 here, I hate it.

I’m not sure why they or anyone else thinks $125k is anywhere near acceptable. You’ll lose 55k immediately after putting miles on it. I’m not going to play the allocation game unless I can find an R. Otherwise, I’ll grab a used R in the spring for 68ish.

*they are advertising 2018s @ 1k under msrp*

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:like: They were ok to me on the RS I bought from them when other dealers were building fleets of 350s/RS and asking ridiculous ADM. Sofa seat to Recaro is about 10:1 here, I hate it.

I’m not sure why they or anyone else thinks $125k is anywhere near acceptable. You’ll lose 55k immediately after putting miles on it. I’m not going to play the allocation game unless I can find an R. Otherwise, I’ll grab a used R in the spring for 68ish.

*they are advertising 2018s @ 1k under msrp*
yes but like you said, both sofa seats. and one of the cars they drilled for the front plate! how they could think that was a good idea is beyond me. i remember when they had 5-6 gt350's on the lot last year asking 10-15k over msrp. i told them i was a buyer at msrp but the conversation didn't go anywhere because as they said, the market drives the price and these are hot cars. apparently not too hot considering two of the cars had spider webs in the wheels................

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
... and one of the cars they drilled for the front plate! how they could think that was a good idea is beyond me.
Most dealers in WA state will drill the front bumper for the license plate holder because a front plate is required in WA. Only way to ensure not is to expediently tell them not to if you special ordered or or planned on buying one that was coming in to the dealership before anyone touched it.

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
yes but like you said, both sofa seats. and one of the cars they drilled for the front plate! how they could think that was a good idea is beyond me. i remember when they had 5-6 gt350's on the lot last year asking 10-15k over msrp. i told them i was a buyer at msrp but the conversation didn't go anywhere because as they said, the market drives the price and these are hot cars. apparently not too hot considering two of the cars had spider webs in the wheels................
I was toying with the idea of a GT350 or R as well. I'm done looking in Seattle and now thinking the Camaro ZL1 might be worth a look. I've never been a big Camaro fan but it sure does offer a lot for the money. I'll probably do nothing but I share your frustration with the GT350/R pricing games.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most dealers in WA state will drill the front bumper for the license plate holder because a front plate is required in WA. Only way to ensure not is to expediently tell them not to if you special ordered or or planned on buying one that was coming in to the dealership before anyone touched it.
not on something like a 350 they won't. its the first shelby i've seen in person around here (out of 20+) that have holes drilled.

Draughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS, '17 Volt
I was toying with the idea of a GT350 or R as well. I'm done looking in Seattle and now thinking the Camaro ZL1 might be worth a look. I've never been a big Camaro fan but it sure does offer a lot for the money. I'll probably do nothing but I share your frustration with the GT350/R pricing games.
The upside, if you're willing to travel, is that we aren't too far of a drive from a bunch of small dealerships in Utah, etc. I'm going to start looking hard through the winter months hoping that dealers are looking to deal when they have snow on their lots. With used Rs able to be had for 68ish with low miles, I don't have any desire to pay ADM/MSRP on a standard 350.

Reactions: pjk

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
I’m brand new to the Mustang family. I purchased a new 2018 GT350 R yesterday in VA (Kona Blue). I got it at MSRP + $5K, ADM had started at + $20K. From the salesman’s comments when all was done, I assume I did okay.

Just starting to wonder what to do about winter tires and even the prospect of normally changing tires on carbon fiber rims, but I’ll work through it (reviewing this forum). As of tonight, 100 mi on the odometer, and one 1/2 tank fill up.

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
Here is a photo of my new “R” ...when buying it, I took advantage of an extended Ford warranty and maintenance plan (7 yrs, 48K mi). I assumed that was a smart thing to do given all the special/expenseive parts on a GT350R, which pretty much dictates using Ford Service.
037BC3C4-B6B0-4C4A-ACAC-CD8A231CF872.jpeg

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I’m brand new to the Mustang family. I purchased a new 2018 GT350 R yesterday in VA (Kona Blue). I got it at MSRP + $5K, ADM had started at + $20K. From the salesman’s comments when all was done, I assume I did okay.

Just starting to wonder what to do about winter tires and even the prospect of normally changing tires on carbon fiber rims, but I’ll work through it (reviewing this forum). As of tonight, 100 mi on the odometer, and one 1/2 tank fill up.
Congrats on the new R. For winter, I'd go buy a beater car for winter driving and park the car safe in the garage. :)

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
Congrats on the new R. For winter, I'd go buy a beater car for winter driving and park the car safe in the garage. :)
I only work a few miles from home, and I’ve got another nice vehicle I can drive, but I’m naturally a little reluctant to put a nice car in the garage for 2-3 months simply due to something near ~ freezing temperatures. But I’m sure I’ll end up doing whatever makes the best sense. I used to own a 911 Turbo and it spent a few months in the garage during winter (at times), but that was usually precipitated by snow/ice issues.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a photo of my new “R” ...when buying it, I took advantage of an extended Ford warranty and maintenance plan (7 yrs, 48K mi). I assumed that was a smart thing to do given all the special/expenseive parts on a GT350R, which pretty much dictates using Ford Service.
037BC3C4-B6B0-4C4A-ACAC-CD8A231CF872.jpeg

Kona is a beautiful color on the R

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
You could have test drove a used one at Carmax. For me, not test driving was no biggie. I agree with the ADM statement though. I just can't bring myself to do it. Congrats on the GS.
Agreed; but no GT350's by me and....should it really be that hard? If you are trying to separate someone from their $65K, making them jump through hoops seems to be counterproductive and a bad business model.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Bought a new 2018 GT350R with 7 miles on it. Under MSRP of $69,015. Things are starting to loosen up a bit with the 19 GT350's and the GT500 around the corner. Dealership has a couple 350's (Lightning Bue with stripe & Black with stripe delete) left for under as well I believe. PM me for details if interested.
Sponsored