Sponsored

Popping Trunk Open

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Does everyone else trunk stay in closed position when you pop your trunk unlocked?
I like a trunk that is ajar a bit to help with groceries
Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Nature of the beast my friend. All the weight is right at the back of the truck lid. However, it would be nice if Ford would design a spring that pushed the lid up a bit when you hit the latch. Mine just lays against the top of the bumper, and you have to wedge your finger in there to get 'er open.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Nature of the beast my friend. All the weight is right at the back of the truck lid. However, it would be nice if Ford would design a spring that pushed the lid up a bit when you hit the latch. Mine just lays against the top of the bumper, and you have to wedge your finger in there to get 'er open.
^
What he said!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Will not pop up.
However,
I removed one of the gas struts to make closing it a one finger affair.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
^
What he said!
Yep :dance:

Sponsored

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mine usually pops up very slightly...just enough to get a fingertip under the edge. Most of my other cars had adjustable rubber stoppers you could adjust a bit, but I don't know if the Mustang does.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Chef
Removing a gas strut will reduce the weight by over 100 pounds, add 10 mph to your top speed, and drop the 1/4 mile time by .5 seconds!

Plus the gas strut makes a handy chicken tenderizer in the kitchen!

CVCashmere:sunglasses:

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
Mine just pops up a bit, then I can lift it easily - no fingertips, no prying, just lift the lid. No problems at all.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Mine just pops up a bit, then I can lift it easily - no fingertips, no prying, just lift the lid. No problems at all.
yep, same here, don't they all do this ?

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I like it because the wind won't slam it open and break stuff. If you are that irritated by it, add a spring for a couple dollars. Problem solved. It's not rocket science.

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
yea mine pops open just a finger's width and opening and closing it is a 1 finger affair without any modification. Then when I raise it up it stays up without issue.

I personally like that it stays mostly closed because somehow I am constantly accidentally opening it. I think either I hit the button on the dash with my knee getting in/out of the car or when I am getting in/out my pant's pocket cloth pulls tight against my leg and manages to double click the button on my fob. haven't figured out how I'm doing it but it happens almost every other week to me. It's quite annoying getting all settled to go in the car, turning it on clicking ok through the low gas light and being aboutttttt to pull away only to notice the TRUNK ADJAR message and having to get out of the car etc etc.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
yea mine pops open just a finger's width and opening and closing it is a 1 finger affair without any modification. Then when I raise it up it stays up without issue..
Yep, same with mine. I also like it that way because it's more discrete coming out of the grocery, popping the trunk, and not announcing to every crackhead in the parking lot, "Rob me HERE!"
Sponsored