• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

WTB: PP1 Spoiler (the big one)

paugustinos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Oh nice where did you get the Brembos? They run a pretty penny new. After getting my wheels I decided I could really use bigger brakes just for the looks haha but thats low on my list right now.

Last weekend I finished installing the last of my small backlog of mods so now I'm off to buying more, but until this came up I was having trouble deciding what to get first.
Oh I just bought GT brembo brakes! You can find them on Ebay for like 500 for just the calipers off crashed cars and people are parting them out, but sometime you can get lucky and get the whole package for 600 to 700 buck. People say dont use ebay but I take the risk and if they dont work like they say on the ad I return them lol. I'm very particular though because I ask them for pictures of the crashed car and miles on the car which most provide. I like to see where the impact was on the car. Lucky I found someone my local Craigslist who upgraded his GT to GT350 brakes. So i bought them from him for 500 for all parts. Car only had 2000 miles, so they were like new. I know most people hate this but I would recommend caliper covers if you just want a look. 150ish bucks and most shops will put them on for free if your just swapping tires lol. IMO why spend alot of money on big brake sets if yout just drive it on the street and the standard brakes have more then enough for street use. Hell you can get the GT standard brakes off ebay for like 200 to 400 buck off a crashed GT. Just giving the options out there lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Oh I just bought GT brembo brakes! You can find them on Ebay for like 500 for just the calipers off crashed cars and people are parting them out, but sometime you can get lucky and get the whole package for 600 to 700 buck. People say dont use ebay but I take the risk and if they dont work like they say on the ad I return them lol. I'm very particular though because I ask them for pictures of the crashed car and miles on the car which most provide. I like to see where the impact was on the car. Lucky I found someone my local Craigslist who upgraded his GT to GT350 brakes. So i bought them from him for 500 for all parts. Car only had 2000 miles, so they were like new. I know most people hate this but I would recommend caliper covers if you just want a look. 150ish bucks and most shops will put them on for free if your just swapping tires lol. IMO why spend alot of money on big brake sets if yout just drive it on the street and the standard brakes have more then enough for street use. Hell you can get the GT standard brakes off ebay for like 200 to 400 buck off a crashed GT. Just giving the options out there lol.
Thats a good idea about ebay, though my one and only ebay experience was a bad one so I have been leery about going back. My main issue with my current brakes is that i went to a simple 5 spoke 20 inch wheel so the rotors done fill it out very well resulting in my wheels looking like a fancy mountain bike with the little disc brakes haha. I had thought about doing caliper covers and was close to buying em but after looking into it everyone was saying no thats silly :shrug: so I'm still a bit torn.

My current brake plan is just to paint the calipers red. If I get the tools I want for my B-day and have time I may do it myself otherwise it doesn't seem like it would be bad to get it done by a painter locally.

paugustinos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Yeah with ebay I tend to only buy OEM parts only so i dont run into any problems lol. Yeah a lot of people say they are silly but I really personally dont have a problem with them because paint your standard calipers or put those on they do the same thing in my eyes lol. Just the Covers save you more time and the paint more money. Kinda a pick your poison. lol

Edit: If you want to paint them look up ChrisFix on youtube, he has a good video how to do it properly.

OP
OP

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea that was what I was thinking too. either way it is just a cosmetic improvement haha. The only thing that kinda worried me was mention of covers interfering with other parts and them melting. Pretty sure most reputable ones are metal though so the latter shouldnt be an issue.

OP
OP

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also meant to mention that I love the chrisfix videos, don't think I've seen that one though.

Sponsored

paugustinos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Yea that was what I was thinking too. either way it is just a cosmetic improvement haha. The only thing that kinda worried me was mention of covers interfering with other parts and them melting. Pretty sure most reputable ones are metal though so the latter shouldnt be an issue.
Oh I wouldn’t worry about them melting, I ran them on my V6 Charger for 4 years and never had any problems. :thumbsup: Just have to make sure the the clips are not touching the rotors and you should be good. It’s a very easy appearance mod and for all the hate they get I would recommend them for people that do not want to paint or go to a paint shop. I feel if you go to a paint shop they’ll want 200 to 300 dollars to do it and you minds will put on real Brembo’s or the GT’s 4 piston brakes for a couple hundred more. At least get the performance for the cash spent lol.

OP
OP

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-birthday Bump

Anyone? so far only one I've seen is the magnetic metallic one. Looking for shadow Black ideally.

OP
OP

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Random Bump to show I'm still interested
Sponsored