Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RHD Mustang GT S550 PP Platinum White
I'm the guy who got them here, and worked with several developers on it. I've taken it down to bare metal and rebuilt it. I've seen every crevice, nook and cranny. Reverse engineered so much of it...
It is NOT worth.it. it's shit hardware, with haphazardly written code.
It doesn't make sense to me, TBH. If you were the pioneer that brought this crap out perhaps its was the initial batch that had issues? There appears to be some folk with models that are running ok. Is it the 2g Ram models that were not available in the first batch, this alone will make a huge difference.

What was reverse engineered? did you examine the code? as I read the full thread, my understanding was that initially there was no support for premium cars.

the car functions appear to work fine. its just slow, if some have experienced buggy software it could simply that they installed programs that have caused problems or are too impatient to wait for the device to settle after booting up (which I personally guessing is the major cause of all the issues)

My curiosity is worth satisfying, spending the money and giving it fair go, sounds like your experience is obviously negative but opposite to the experience some others have had.

In my opinion, this unit is the only decent option of an aftermarket flexible device (plug and play) that one can use with a aftermarket power amplifier, removing the factory rubbish via preamp outputs without the need to flatten the signal by reprogramming the ACM. I like the way it looks, I do not like the other options available. I like the native android with full flexibility.

If you run it with a rechargeable battery that keep it alive and prevent it from needing to continuously boot up each time you start your car I believe it will keep the device stable and avoid the 45sec boot delay. This can be done without draining your car battery.

I also noted that those that haven't found issues haven't installed different launchers and left it stock (it appears) Previous responses have also indicated that they are unaware how to factory reset the device. This is an important point. One needs to factory reset the device if it becomes buggy due to installing software etc. You cannot reply on simply uninstalling software and think it will fix the issues.

I also wanted to add a point that if the car is turned off does this simply kill the device power? this can in itself be the cause of OS issues. The OS power is cut there is no proper shutdown process. So if the device has a battery backup it will not need to shutdown and it will not cause issues. - These are just my thoughts.

I have no experience with the unit, but it just sounds like there are too many anomalies to just simply write this chapter/thread off.
Sponsored

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You seem to think you can accomplish more than I did, with 3 generations of the unit over a couple years time.

Best of luck. I stick around to warn people, not to encourage them to waste money or time.

WarEagleGT

S550 Newb
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Base model Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT, Auto trans
I have had my unit for going on 16 months roughly . No issues . Is StangATX still in here in these forums?

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had my unit for going on 16 months roughly . No issues . Is StangATX still in here in these forums?
Thanks for your message. "No Issues" perhaps you can elaborate? has been ok since you purchased it and installed? does it have some bugs here and there? are you using it with preamp outputs connected to a power amplifier? do you have the premium mustang system.

Hotbadger put me off considering wasting my time, since my last message and felt perhaps it was going to be a waste of time and money, great to hear some success stories. Which model is yours? from phoenix? 2g? does the 30-40sec boot up annoy you or cause issues?

Would love to hear more positive stories around this unit

Sponsored

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol I said 6 months when I've actually had mine since @WarEagleGT
please look at my latest post above and also answer my questions. I am really interested in your experience?

If I have more positive feedback it will give me the enthusiasm to buy the unit and try my battery idea.

club718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
My Tesla Head unit Is For Sale I sold my S550 Asking 400.00 Non Premium Unit

WarEagleGT

S550 Newb
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Base model Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT, Auto trans
please look at my latest post above and also answer my questions. I am really interested in your experience?

If I have more positive feedback it will give me the enthusiasm to buy the unit and try my battery idea.
I will give both of you guys an in depth as I can anyway reply as soon as possible

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, how does one go about doing that?
I believe through the android settings there is a reset function. I also I think I read it on the faq phoenix site I believe that there is a pinhole somewhere that one can push in for a few seconds and it resets.

I also watched a you tube where the person reset the system.

Sponsored

robb1320

robb1320
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt 300a Automatic Guard metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I have spent a ridiculous amount of time intentionally changing things just to test results, and it's gotten to the point where if someone has an issue, I can likely tell them exactly how to fix it.
Please help!!!

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
I believe through the android settings there is a reset function. I also I think I read it on the faq phoenix site I believe that there is a pinhole somewhere that one can push in for a few seconds and it resets.

I also watched a you tube where the person reset the system.
The pinhole is a simple reboot. Not a reset, per se. I don't know my way around Android enough to know where that reset function would reside. I would love some insight.

Share the video!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Has anyone seen this surround on the open market? I've been doing some research and haven't had any luck.

TIA

-Todd

20180930_212033.jpg
Sponsored