HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
We have been unable to find anyone who can beat Traveler's in our area and we actively try every two years. Tried with USAA, but they could not come close. We did end up with one of their 2.5% unlimited cash back credit cards for our efforts.
2.5% cash back credit card thru USAA or Traveler's?
Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Progressive and Grundy depending on which car you ask about

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Safeco. I've had Farmers and AAA over the past few years, both got too expensive with under 25 y/o drivers in the household. It didn't help they were involved in accidents. I still have a son in the nest, my insurance is high because of it. He's close to being fully hatched, once he's on his own my insurance should drop considerably.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
We have been unable to find anyone who can beat Traveler's in our area and we actively try every two years.
Same with us too - Travelers and every time I’ve shopped hitting all of their others names in this thread, Travelers has the best price point beating out other Insurers by $600+ less...

The problem with asking about an insurance question is, there’s SO MANY VARIABLES as to why someone can pay less or more for their coverage with the same Carrier. The biggest is going to be your geographic location, followed by actual use, then your status (married, single, age, credit scoring, DMV history and prior or existing insurance history).

Shop them all. Make sure you’re asking for the same exact coverage and deductibles - because costs can vary greatly if you’re getting quotes that don’t equal the competitors.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Man I'm trying to dump usaa as well. It's frustrating getting quotes bc you have to give so much info. When I started down this road a couple months back my phone started blowing up with telemarketers. Makes me hesitant to try again but usaa raises rates every 6 months like clock work. I called and they said it's nothing I'm doing wrong, just rate increases.

Things like hail storms and hurricanes don't help, especially when the insurance companies are forcing you to replace whole roofs even when not needed.

I've had zero home claims and last vehicle was 3.5 years ago and still I get hit.

I'm looking at travelers, Amica, State farm and a couple Texas local companies. I need to get going on that this week

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Stay away from GEIGO.
GEIGO saves money by denied claims, spends the money saved on advertising that lizard that looks like a Porsche Panamara. GEIGO, people in the business know their reputation.
Do a complaint search on any company you are considering.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Stay away from GEIGO.
GEIGO saves money by denied claims, spends the money saved on advertising that lizard that looks like a Porsche Panamara. GEIGO, people in the business know their reputation.
Do a complaint search on any company you are considering.
Also, Geico bought a lot of radar guns for cops. Even if they don't anymore, that was enough to keep me away. Plus they used to refuse to insure anyone who owned a radar detector. That stopped when they lost a lawsuit over it.

But I'm funny that way. I still won't buy Toshiba for giving US submarine secrets to Russia or from Sony for root-kitting every Windows PC that played their audio CDs exposing the PCs to easy infection by criminals. My boycott is a drop in the bucket but so is voting.

Last edited:

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I used Allstate for many years. The rates kept climbing. About 5 years ago I shopped around and GEICO was cheapest for the same coverage. I gave Allstate a chance to counter and they would not come down 1 cent. I've been with GEICO ever since and been well satisfied.

I had an Escape and was rear ended by a texting teen who also had GEICO. I used the shop of my choice, Ford parts includign the exhaust and they were great to deal with. My only claim with them.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I used to be with USAA, but switched to Erie. Erie was a good bit cheaper for me and for my dad.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
USAA has been very good to me for about 15 years up until I got the Camaro so I've been keen to take my business elsewhere as far as my auto coverage, at least. With a credit score @ 875 they wouldn't give me their advertised new car loan rate. But the insurance on the 1LE is less than the Mustang GT I traded out of by $100/6 months so I'm waiting for this first 6 month renewal and if they nail me on it I'll shop it around.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
We have Farm Bureau, have had them a lot of years and have zero complaints.
I would go without insurance before buying from Progressive.
If you want something fun to do, talk to your local body shops about who is easiest to deal with in the event you need your car repaired after an accident. I'll bet dollars to donuts Progressive and Geico are at the bottom of the list.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
GEICO is notorious for using aftermarket and junkyard parts on repairs regardless of how new the car is. If you are lucky you can get the bodyshop to fight for you to get OEM parts but it is a battle and most won't put in the effort.
My 18 was fixed by Geico using all OEM parts except the license plate bracket, which I did not put on anyway. Still have my original in my garage.

dave11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Frontier & 2014 Mercedes Benz
I have Travelers now. I asked my agent what my premium would be for a Mustang GT manual. I expected it would be higher than my current car. Nope, the insurance for the same coverage was less for the GT.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Do your homework. I recently went boosted and spent a lot of hard earned money on it. My wife works in insurance and convinced me to check with our policy holder to make sure they would cover the added SC. NOPE and they would no longer cover the car. Letting your insurance company know about mods to your car can be a slippery slope. If you plan on staying stock, no worries. If you don’t want them to know about your SC, that’s fine too but they may not cover your claim at all if they find out.
We still maintain auto owners for two of our three vehicles and Grundy for the Mustang.
Sponsored