HiPo Mustang (S550) Prototype Spied -With Different Exhaust Setup and Sound

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You guys kill me.
It's a FPC V8!
You really need to hear these engines in person to know what the hell you are hearing.
Listen to some European V8 cars and you will understand what the hell I'm talking about.

shoslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro
I've built a ton of turbo cars, especially inline 4's. That IS NOT a 4. Doesn't sound boosted at all either. Granted, most factory boosted cars you can't hear the turbo spool at all.

I'm going to have to go with a FPC as well. It's too throaty for any v6 I've heard. I have a SHO and it sounds nothing like that. The 3.5EB has a totally different note. Just search Corsa exhaust SHO's on youtube and you'll see what I mean.

Haz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FPV GS Superchanged V8
There are already examples of boosted Coyote's out there: The Cobra Jet being a Ford factory example. The point is that there are already mature FI options developed for the Coyote, albeit mostly aftermarket. Wasn't the same block for the Terminator used in the Mach 1, and the 5.4L an option in the F150? I don't know what else the Trinity was in - if anything. Heck - even the 2.3L ecoboost is in that Lincoln thing rated at 275hp - although it's been said it was developed for the Mustang. What other applications are there for a flat plane V8? I don't see it going into a truck or point-A-to-B people mover. It seems relegated to sports cars. I'm not saying I don't want to see it happen - but if I pretend to be a Ford executive for a moment, I don't think I could advocate the development of such an engine...
For all we know the Mustang might not be the only Sports/Special Vehicle that Ford makes for the rest of this decade?

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Prob a 3.7..
In the Context of all we know about the Mustang, and the GT350 why would it be a 3.7 liter when its future use within the Mustang overall is suspect. We have it on good authority that the 3.5 EB is still being explored. So if it is a V6, it would likely be that. However it doesn't sound boosted.

But given the Legacy of the Boss/GT350 a NA V8 is highly desirable, and this sounds like a untuned FPC V8.

It most certainly could be something else, but in the current context of information we have a FPC V8 seems reasonable if they met their internal goals with it. Remember the S550 is benchmarked against the M3/4 and 911.

I highly doubt a NA V6 will find it's way into the High Tier Mustang.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Originally I thought this sounded like a really open exhaust 4 cylinder but it definitely sounds like more is going on that just 4 going off and doesn't sound like any v6 that i've ever heard. Its a very fast deep sound, so I can definitely agree with it being a v8. I don't have much experience with FPC engines and have never heard one in person but that is definitely not a FI4 and very unlikely an FI6.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Lotus Esprit V8 is a Flat Plane Crank design

[ame]

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Ok, yeah, that sounds very close. None of the others sounded close to me at all, but that Lotus really does.

Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I won't say that it's not a FPC V8 because obviously all evidence shows that it is more than likely a FPC V8, but I will say that it sounds exactly the same as what my 350Z with Fujitsubo exhaust and de-cat pipes used to sound like.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
He revs the engine, and rocks the car.. you can hear the engine "load up" as he is playing with the clutch.. it is a turbo.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
He revs the engine, and rocks the car.. you can hear the engine "load up" as he is playing with the clutch.. it is a turbo.
Just like my 5.4 V8 "rocks the car", and you can hear the "engine load up" with the Torque Converter even when in manual mode. Conclusion ... Its a N/A V8 (FPC).

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Turbo noise is really only prevalent in exhaust systems which are very free or under load when they are generating boost.
Sponsored