bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Sorry to hear about the rattle/ticking there seems to be many of us having it.

Will they not try to say that it is due to the tune that the rattle is there? I don't dare to do any engine mods on mine.
If they tried this to get out of covering warranty, I think the evidence would go against them. There are just as many unmodded engines out there rattling as there are modded.
Sponsored

cthomas5714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
Sadly the rattle is starting to be considered ā€œnormal operationā€ by dealers. In the beginning you had people getting their engine replaced because it was an unknown but unless you have scoring on the cylinder walls, they wonā€™t do a dang thing for you. I speak from experience. Iā€™ve visited 3 different dealers in the area, they have all contacted the ford engineering hotline and they always get the same response. Being that you work at a shop, I would pull the spark plugs and scope the piston walls and take pictures so if you actually have something wrong; you can show them the proof.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Sadly the rattle is starting to be considered ā€œnormal operationā€ by dealers. In the beginning you had people getting their engine replaced because it was an unknown but unless you have scoring on the cylinder walls, they wonā€™t do a dang thing for you. I speak from experience. Iā€™ve visited 3 different dealers in the area, they have all contacted the ford engineering hotline and they always get the same response. Being that you work at a shop, I would pull the spark plugs and scope the piston walls and take pictures so if you actually have something wrong; you can show them the proof.
Good to know. I was thinking of scoping the cylinders my self and after hearing this I will definitely be doing that. We have a really nice snap on scope so I should be able to get a good look

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Good to know. I was thinking of scoping the cylinders my self and after hearing this I will definitely be doing that. We have a really nice snap on scope so I should be able to get a good look
Post up what you find. I am very interested.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So I looked at cylinders 7&8 today and I didnā€™t see Any smoking gun. I saw what might have been scoring or it couldā€™ve just been the cross hatch pattern you would expect to see on a new motor. Anyway I decided to hold off on pursuing a warranty claim for now. The car runs great and is fast as hell. My thinking is Iā€™ll wait until it becomes a big enough of an issue for them to issue a tsb or a recall

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So I looked at cylinders 7&8 today and I didnā€™t see Any smoking gun. I saw what might have been scoring or it couldā€™ve just been the cross hatch pattern you would expect to see on a new motor. Anyway I decided to hold off on pursuing a warranty claim for now. The car runs great and is fast as hell. My thinking is Iā€™ll wait until it becomes a big enough of an issue for them to issue a tsb or a recall
Glad to hear you didn't find anything serious!

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Exactly what I am doing. Just waiting for that TSB.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm hoping to dyno it this week. My boss says I can do it when ever, but then it seems like we get too busy, so we'll see.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Just curious do you think without the Steeda mounts the CJ would still have fit under stock hood?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just curious do you think without the Steeda mounts the CJ would still have fit under stock hood?
Absolutely not. It barely fits with the steeda mounts

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
My 2016 was notched in the back and the Mani right behind the TB still had some paint transfer on the CJ lid.

I HIGHLY doubt the CJ will fit even if you notch the hood using stock mounts on a 2018.

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
did you ever get an updated tune from lund????