Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I like having the electronic lock on mine but it also has a key as well just in case. It's not a big safe but it was still $250 a couple years ago. I don't own any long guns but I'd like to upgrade to a larger one still as well.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I like having the electronic lock on mine but it also has a key as well just in case. It's not a big safe but it was still $250 a couple years ago. I don't own any long guns but I'd like to upgrade to a larger one still as well.
What brand/model?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Old thread, but probably still worth suggesting that anybody in the market for a gun safe buy more safe than their current number of guns needs. Safe advertised capacities do seem to be overstated, collections do have a way of growing, and you can find yourself having made those two conditions meet in the middle sooner than you anticipated.

Norm

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I spent a while researching safes and decided the Liberty Fatboy Jr would work best for me. It's advertised as a 48 gun safe, it can probably fit 30 comfortably. Cabelas has a branded version of it that typically sells for $1,099 during the big sale events throughout the year. Made in the US, mechanical or EMP keypad lock, 60 minute fire, 11 gauge plate steel. Probably one of the better safes you can buy for under $2,000.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Most common way of defeating a safe: point gun at owner or owners wife and ask for safe to be opened.
Never let contractors or anyone know you have a safe.
Hide your safe/s to avoid putting family at risk:
False wall or back of closet/floor/cabinet/grill/grate/old washer in corner of garage/fake laundry hamper with dark stained undies on top.
Unless you have a gun in your hand, its useless.
If you dont carry, fast access pistol safes vehicle/etc or where you need them.
Leave junkmail,old papers, starter pistol or welded barrel semi ($100 bersa lol) and couple hundred in cash in cheapo fire safe to give away in a robbery. They grab cash and pistol and leave, or may even end up with both their hands full...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.