Sponsored

20 inch spare ?

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a spare steel rim and tire combo available out there for the factory 20 inch rim?
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I assume you dont have Brembos. I purchased the factory spare tire/wheel and jack. If i get a rear flat I will mount the spare in the front and move a front to the back.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Yes, they physically will fit on front and back but due to difference in diameter, 25.32" vs. 27.3", it is advisable to only use them in the front to prevent damage to the limited slip differential. Thus if you have a flat in the back, mount the spare in the front and move the full size front to the rear.
Doing some more research the base 235/50x18 tire is 27.25" in diameter which contradicts my theory above since the spare is available with the 18" tire/wheel. I wonder if it is related to the 20" originally being a Summer only tire which could result in some strange handling if one of the tires was a donut.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Ford claims it's the difference in summer only vs the all season spare like you stated.
It has nothing to do with tire diameter.
I'm not saying I believe Ford, but that's what they're saying.

If you do a search you can find a company on here selling a spare tire that fits over the Performance Pack Brembos and see if their tire is Summer Only.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I got a brand new spare from a 2016 Explorer that is within 1% of the diameter of the stock tire diameter for $50 delivered. It is an 18" steel wheel so it only fits on the rear of a GT PP but that is better than nothing. It fills up the spare tire well but the floor is still flat and flush.

OP
OP
Osofast

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they physically will fit on front and back but due to difference in diameter, 25.32" vs. 27.3", it is advisable to only use them in the front to prevent damage to the limited slip differential. Thus if you have a flat in the back, mount the spare in the front and move the full size front to the rear.
Doing some more research the base 235/50x18 tire is 27.25" in diameter which contradicts my theory above since the spare is available with the 18" tire/wheel. I wonder if it is related to the 20" originally being a Summer only tire which could result in some strange handling if one of the tires was a donut.
Thanks for the research
Sponsored