Sponsored

Considering legal action, CSM closed out ticket without replacing motor

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Do you guys know of another person I can contact other than the initial CSM I was forwarded to by the Ford customer service line? The CSM basically said "we can't do anything until a dealer acknowledges the problem" despite me providing proof. The local dealers refuse to do anything besides listen to the car and they hold the vehicle for a week to do so without providing a courtesy vehicle.

I've scoped the cylinders myself and found damage in cylinders 7 & 8. The CSM says unless a Ford dealership finds it, then it doesn't count. Apparently reality doesn't matter. If you can't get a dealership to do anything past "listening" to your vehicle then you're hosed.

I am looking for alternative contacts right now. It's clear they're metric driven if they refuse to even keep the topic open until it's resolved.

"Listening" to a vehicle isn't an objective measurement of the parameters that are necessary to observe in order to determine if there is something wrong with the operation of the motor.

This has been a truly terrible customer service experience.
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
ya gotta break it first dawg , just don't tell anyone . Act like them when asked

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Sucks that it has to come to this.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
If you can find a service department who will give it a serious evaluation you will fair much better. Go to another dealership.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
what engine symptom caused you to scope the engine in the first place? What ever symptom that was should have been the issue you presented to the dealer so that they could determine the underlying cause themselves. I think your approach to the repair process is wrong and thus you are running into the current standoff.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SlaughterOfTheSoul

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
what engine symptom caused you to scope the engine in the first place? What ever symptom that was should have been the issue you presented to the dealer so that they could determine the underlying cause themselves. I think your approach to the repair process is wrong and thus you are running into the current standoff.
What do you think my approach is exactly? My approach with Ford or my approach with the car? I DID present the "symptoms." That's what lead to them just comparing how two vehicles sound. That's actually the type of advice that leads to this whole mess.

Personally, if my car is messed up I expect a manufacturer to make good faith efforts to diagnose and fix it. I've witnessed neither.

I found sleeve damage. I must have had some sort of an idea or hunch. Surely if a "non ford trained tech" can then they should have.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, if my car is messed up I expect a manufacturer to make good faith efforts to diagnose and fix it. I've witnessed neither.
The dealership has to present objective findings to Ford before any big repair process can be approved. You are blaming the "manufacturer" when the problem is the dealership. Try another dealership.

OP
OP
SlaughterOfTheSoul

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
The dealership has to present objective findings to Ford before any big repair process can be approved. You are blaming the "manufacturer" when the problem is the dealership. Try another dealership.
I don't know about that. I don't think Ford allows for satisfaction of certain issues unless a specific path and complaint is followed. I told the dealerships and techs exactly what the issue was and they just didn't even bother to scope it. It makes it look like they're not willing to or are incapable of representing the issue in such a way to Ford that affords them the way forward with the issue. I see this as a failure of communication just as much on Ford's side as the dealership's. The dealers didn't achieve this disposition on their own. Who would willingly turn down warranty work unless they thought the obligated manufacturer wouldn't have the integrity to follow through?

Every time I take it to a dealer they keep it for a week for no results. What do I have to tell them to get them to check the car out properly?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
What do you think my approach is exactly? My approach with Ford or my approach with the car? I DID present the "symptoms." That's what lead to them just comparing how two vehicles sound. That's actually the type of advice that leads to this whole mess.

I found sleeve damage. I must have had some sort of an idea or hunch. Surely if a "non ford trained tech" can then they should have.
You still havent presented the symptoms clearly in this thread, I can only assume at this point it is a noise of some sort. You state the dealer held the vehicle for a week, what were their findings? Did you buy the vehicle from this dealer?

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Another dealer??

Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
I can think of 6 dealerships with 20 miles of me here in Central Florida...definitely try another one. (Kisselback, Mullinax, Greenway, Tropical, Sunstate, Peacock)

OP
OP
SlaughterOfTheSoul

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
You still havent presented the symptoms clearly in this thread, I can only assume at this point it is a noise of some sort. You state the dealer held the vehicle for a week, what were their findings? Did you buy the vehicle from this dealer?
1) Okay, thanks for your opinion on my non description of the symptoms that I never offered

2) Congratulations, it did lead to a noise. Who would have thought that cyclical metal reverberation holds a unique characteristic based upon resonant operation parameters such as RPM?

3) Their findings were that it "sounded the same as other mustangs." Their words, not mine. Looks like they had two messed up mustangs on their property that day.

4) No. Is this some unspoken code that franchisees screw over the customers of other dealers?

Somehow I feel like your trying to shift the onus of responsibility from the dealership's ability to determine an issue to my description of said issue. I fully divulged what I thought the issue was and that I was going to borescope it when I had time. Alas, crickets.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Just my questions/opinions......

What makes you think that the noise you are experiencing is a significant issue to begin with? What makes you think that the "damage" you saw is serious? Have you experienced any other symptoms such as a loss in power? High oil consumption? etc? If not, then WHY are you demanding an engine replacement? Just because others on this site have received engine replacements for the rattle does not mean that was the right course of action that every Ford dealer will follow. Also, what makes you think that any new engine you might receive will not experience the exact same issue? You have now had a Ford tech tear into your car for no benefit. But yes let’s consider legal action against Ford because they will not preform the repair that you have decided you require… :computerrage:

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I would not waste time staying with that dealer. Call around, ask the service departments of other dealerships whether they have heard of the ticking issue on coyotes. Tell them you want to bring yours in and be candid that you want it taken seriously. Start fresh somewhere else. You're getting no where with the current dealer.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
As others have stated above - in order for Ford to authorize any type of warranty repair, or put forth further exhorbitant amounts of diagnostic hours - the Tech, or Shop Foreman HAS to, without any doubt:

1) Confirm any such problem stated by the Customer exists.

2) Once such confirmation happens, then the Tech MUST follow proper diagnostic procedures laid out in the Ford Shop Manual in the order of diagnosis.

3) Once the Tech pinpoints the issue through diagnosis, he will either replace said parts based on warranty authorization if the costs are minimal OR if said problem is major, he must get approval directly from his Shop Foreman, who has to get authorization from Service Center Supervisor who HAD to get approval from Ford Corporate to proceed with the major repair protocols based on Ford’s review and evaluation of the found problem.

I’ve been through the BS with my prior 2016 that was bought back through Ford. The Service Center, Tech, Shop Foreman and his Supervisor MUST confirm a problem exists.

I know you don’t want to hear that above - but that is how any Service Center operates, regardless if it’s Ford or BMW.

If you’re not satisfied with their findings - you should go with the Tech and/or the Shop Foreman and point out EXACTLY what you are experiencing - be it via a lengthy test drive OR if having to sit in the parking lot “listening” to XYZ.

If you’re still not happy - as others have said, try another Dealership. However, I must inform you that every time your Ford is entered into any Ford Service facility, your VIN and complaints/concerns are logged into OASIS as well as any previous Tech notes from previous visits at any other Ford Dealership.

As much as I hate to say it - you HAVE to be clear and concise with your complaint, you have to demonstrate or at least try to replicate the issues for the Techs if at all possible. They don’t want to hear about “forums”, “what you read or heard about from friends, websites, Facebook, etc”, “how many other Mustang owners have a similar issue”, etc.

Also just as a friendly FYI, they don’t need to know that you already started self diagnosis of the vehicle by scoping it, etc - because that leaves room for liability on your part and they can very easily deny your claims based on any such info you give them.

No one here is denying that your vehicle might have an issue and it’s understandabke you are upset if it does - so take the advice given from me and others. The Dealerships HAVE to follow protocol that is laid out by Ford. It’s possible the Techs you are dealing with either don’t understand the claim OR are not experienced enough to know Sound A from Sound B - or what might be an abnormality from the normal....

Take your vehicle to another Dealer and demonstrate the issue first hand... I’m willing to bet you’ll end on a more positive note if they can confirm what you’re demonstrating.

You can call the Ford 800#, but as you have already been told - they will say the same thing as we did here - if you’re not satisfied with the Dealerships you have been to already, they will tell you to try another. They also cannot make the decision to fix anything if the Tech notes state there’s no definitive findings. This applies to ANY Ford Customer and is no way directed towards you or your vehicle.

Also, remaing firm but polite gets you places over taking out any anger towards the folks at the Dealerships....
Sponsored