Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
Ford needs to clean up COTUS so it works better. It leaves a lot to be desired. So, my EDD was August 10th for a long time. That came and went and around August 16 I contacted Ford Chat to see what the heck was going on since my dealer had confirmed it was sitting just down the turnpike where the train had dropped it on August 10. Ford chat said the new EDD was August 28. So, that made me none too happy thinking the car would in short sit for "18" days 90 miles down the road. I voiced my displeasure with the dealer as well. So, come Sunday (8/19) I check COTUS and the EDD had at long last reappeared showing August 22 as the new EDD. So, I thought, cool, it'll be here this week. Then I get a text today to say the car was here (8/20). How on earth do you go from 8/28, to 8/22, to here on 8/20 in less than 24 hours. Strange.
I agree, I've seen lots of weird stuff reading others stories. I just re-read the past month on here and it seems like several had the EDD disappear and then for the car to show up. I'm fine if that's how it happens. I'm just anxious at this point knowing that it could be anytime. I was able to pull up the window sticker for a GT350 that my dealer special ordered, build day was April 5. I just happened to be at the dealer the day that it was delivered by convoy - April 25. So if I follow that pattern, I know that it could take up to 20 days. Not exact, but I was curious how long it took that one to get there. I know it'll be worth it!
Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Great job putting that together.

Regarding the wait times: For those that placed an order way before 2109MY Production Start, isn't it inaccurate to count *all* the time before production on the 2019MY assembly line actually started (what was that: 6/18?, 6/22?; I forget)?
I mean, sure, some folks ordered earlier than others so they (maybe) got on the list to be scheduled for production earlier, but nothing was going to actually get built before 2019MY Production Start, so wouldn't you have to start counting on the Production Start date and add an "average" wait time from order entry to VIN creation/production scheduling (instead of when the order was actually placed)? Or does it all come out to about the same?
I agree - if you ordered in March and production didn't start until June, you kinda knew that you'd be twiddling your thumbs for 3 months. What I would have expected to see is a bunch of early orders pile up and then start to crank through them generally in order received once the flood gates open. I'm not sure if that is what happened, especially with the priority number being somewhat randomly assigned by the dealer. If I get the motivation to do it, I may try to clean out the pre-production order times to see if everyone falls into the 50-60 day range, or closer to the 12 week estimate that my dealer gave me. I didn't see as much info on the build dates, and less on when the VIN was issued, so it won't be easy come up with the new numbers.

I started the order process on 5/22, a few weeks before start of production, and I had to have the car in my possession by 8/7 for my "trade in" deal to work. I canceled the order because it didn't look like that timing was going to work out, even though it was right on the 12 week estimate from the dealer. A few folks received their cars in less than 7 weeks, so maybe it would have worked out, but I'm totally OK with how it worked out. Next time I order, I'll throw my order in within a couple weeks of production start and cross my fingers...

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
My first EDD was 11/1 now it was updated the next day to 10/30...

Barret72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Well I had emailed my sales guy and told him that there might be a wait on my car due to the Magneride option. This is what I got back.

I looked at your order in the order bank and it shows unscheduled/clean, meaning there is nothing that should be holding up the order so hopefully there is not a delay in getting it here.

So perhaps the Magneride is stocked correctly now?? Anyway just giving hope to everyone that had that option.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Well I had emailed my sales guy and told him that there might be a wait on my car due to the Magneride option. This is what I got back.

I looked at your order in the order bank and it shows unscheduled/clean, meaning there is nothing that should be holding up the order so hopefully there is not a delay in getting it here.

So perhaps the Magneride is stocked correctly now?? Anyway just giving hope to everyone that had that option.

Sales guys have little to zero idea whats going on behind the scenes unfortunately. At this point, i definitely feel like I'm more knowledgeable than like 75% of salesmen about what goes on with the ordering process. Its true, it may say unscheduled clean, but my march 28th order for a 2018 was unscheduled clean all the way until it was balanced out, at which point i had to switch to a 2019 MY order on April 25th(stock order)...and then again placed ANOTHER order but this time as retail. My status was unscheduled/clean the entire time up to last week.

Also, not to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesnt look like any mustangs are to be scheduled this week according to the boys over at blue oval.

BUT...it is to my understanding that, eventually, your order will be built. It just might take a long time. Hopefully not as long as my journey lol..

Sponsored

bmrdmn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Convertible
COTUS 8-21.JPG

The needle moved a little! After 20 days "In Production" and 12 days since the Blend Date, I am now "Awaiting Shipment". Not sure how it is going to make the EDD of 9/8 from Flat Rock to Salt Lake City at this rate.

Does 12 days from Blend Date to finishing production indicate a problem? Maybe it failed QC inspection for some reason and had to be corrected?

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
COTUS 8-21.JPG

The needle moved a little! After 20 days "In Production" and 12 days since the Blend Date, I am now "Awaiting Shipment". Not sure how it is going to make the EDD of 9/8 from Flat Rock to Salt Lake City at this rate.

Does 12 days from Blend Date to finishing production indicate a problem? Maybe it failed QC inspection for some reason and had to be corrected?
Hard to say on 12 days from blend date. Mine was blend date of 08/08 as well, finished production on 08/09 but STILL says awaiting shipment to lower KY and the EDD disappeared Friday. I'm just trying to hang tight knowing that its been finished and hopefully on its way down here. I also registered it on the ford site and had it check what version of SYNC it had b/c I updated our 2016 F150 yday. Kinda cool, it said it was last updated 08/10 to v3.2, the day after the car was built.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
COTUS 8-21.JPG

LOL, it could get to you by 9/8. I got a COTUS checker email at 5:02 am on 8/6 that production was completed and I was awaiting shipment. 3 hours later I was updated again to in transit. At the time my EDD was 8/26, that later changed to 8/20, then 8/18 and then 8/19. It showed up at the dealer on 8/15. The car was at the dealer in NJ 9 days after production was completed.
My production time was longer than most but not as long as yours. In production 7/24, Blend 8/1, completed 8/6. The car did show up with 22 miles on it so there may have been some extra testing which could indicate a QC repair.

Last edited:

RedFireTerminator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Ford Escape
COTUS 8-21.JPG

I've been watching you posts because I'm in a similar situation to you. In production since 8/1, blend date of 8/9 . No new info since. Ford Performance chat had no info. Hoping mine gets updated soon seeing my blend date was 1 day after you. My EDD has never changed from 8/28 but I see that as highly unlikely now.

Sponsored

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure you have checked already, but my ESP through Flood Ford was $1,180 for 8 yrs/100K miles and a $200 deductible. Slightly better deal...
I'm starting to think about this now that our car should be here any day. So is the extended warranty actually legit? I'm always thought they were a rip off but have never checked them out either. We've also got my wife's 2016 F150 4wd with about 40,000 miles on it... wonderin if that'd be a good idea as well. Do these guys actually pay out if something happens?

THESVT_Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT
Starting to get worried my car isn't going to be here for Mustang Week. Car was ordered on 6/12, has been sitting in "Order Processing Complete" since 8/6. Car was supposed to be delivered today the 22nd. Ford Performance Chat says the EDD has been moved to the 27th but it still isn't showing in production yet. Car is a base GT with no options so it isn't waiting on the magnaride. Hopefully it will go straight to "In Transit" soon.

nikolai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Orange Fury GT
I guess I can stop complaining now. Car delivered at dealership. Picking up tomorrow.
5/8 - 8/20 Order Complete.
Add me to the list of people who's car is sitting in a rail yard waiting for a truck. It's been there 5 days (since Friday, Aug 17) and is only about 25 miles away. I'm secretly hoping that by complaining on here, the universe will deliver the car to me faster.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I'm starting to think about this now that our car should be here any day. So is the extended warranty actually legit? I'm always thought they were a rip off but have never checked them out either. We've also got my wife's 2016 F150 4wd with about 40,000 miles on it... wonderin if that'd be a good idea as well. Do these guys actually pay out if something happens?

Flood Ford seems to have a great reputation here, and that’s largely why I went with them. They are a Ford dealership authorized to sell the Ford ESP’s, so it is as good as it gets.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/faq.php

I have no connection with them beyond the warranty I bought noted above. My main concern was an AC evaporator core repair that might be heeded outside of warranty, and that bill would pan for the insurance by itself.
Sponsored