Sponsored

How much attention do you get with your car?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Still waiting for my first "wave" or thumbs up. Maybe Northern Florida peeps aren't into Fords. :)
Sponsored

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
I drive a Lexus 4 door that gets Zero attention, lol.

Hardly anyone gives a look at my C7 Z06 but I expect to get a Million looks with my 2019 Shelby GT 350 painted blue with White Painted stripes :like:
People see many corvettes on the road but a Shelby is rare to find.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
My experience is very similar to many here. Have had someone walking by on the sidewalk whip out the cell phone to take pics as I pulled out of a parking g lot. Been chased down on the freeway for a closer look and thumbs up, also had numerous
cock measuring instances from an AMG Mercedes and a few domestic muscle cars. One Challenger in particular that I see regularly leaving work who seems to be trying to show me how much better/faster he is. Some of it is unnerving since these lame ass people trying to goad me into racing on crowded public roads are asking for something bad to happen. The car definitely does not go unnoticed, both good and bad. Wouldn’t mind getting noticed by pretty women though. Haha!
Once an Accord guy said my car is slow at stop light and I let him take the lead. A mile down the road he gave thumbs down lol

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I get attention when I drive Sasha around. Seems there are not a lot of GT350's in S. FL...even when I go to car show's there are only like two or three. I get a lot of compliments about the colour, and how big the brakes are :) But what seals the deal is the sound. With my Kooks and OEM pipes, I been told that my car sounds good. Dam good. At the last car n coffee, I did not even leave hard, but I had a line of people with their phones out recording.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Still waiting for my first "wave" or thumbs up. Maybe Northern Florida peeps aren't into Fords. :)
Some are more subtle - I've not even noticed some that wifey has seen as a passenger. Recently I've been getting tons - including people taking videos with their phones or cameras. Had fun with a modified M3 the other day - his car was popping and backfiring more than mine. Got a thumbs up from him too

Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
^ Thanks! I'm probably fairly oblivious to attention - and it is hard to see me through the tinted windows.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
At the last car n coffee, I did not even leave hard, but I had a line of people with their phones out recording.
Hate to break it to you but they were all probably hoping you'd do something stupid and crash. Ever since the "Mustangs run over crowds" stereotype, people come running with their cell phones whenever Mustangs leave C&C events.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
^ Last event in JAX had a 'vette do donuts in the lot. There is always one idiot that ruins it for everyone else...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hate to break it to you but they were all probably hoping you'd do something stupid and crash. Ever since the "Mustangs run over crowds" stereotype, people come running with their cell phones whenever Mustangs leave C&C events.
Agreed.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Here in So Cal, not a whole lot of attention on any of my wheels, not that I look for it, and maybe that is part of it....do not really notice or have heard much.
My stock GMC truck actually gets more compliments than the Ferrari, GT350, Z06.

Now the Viper, a 97 GTS in blue w/white stripes, w/side pipes, big brakes, and rims gets a lot of attention. Sometimes pseudo jealous remarks like 2 morons in a old truck screaming "your car is ugly", etc. So the old Viper wins the runway competition as far as attention....

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Yes I know. But I did see some of these same people at the next even and they showed me the recording so that I could hear what my car sounded like going down the causeway.
Always going to have someone hoping to post a crash up. But i'm not a 20 year old with daddy's money sport car.
As I told someone before...."Burn-out ??? Ok give me the 400$ per tire and I'l do a screech."

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Coming from a BMW sport wagon, once I got the Mustang I get a whole lot more attention from cops. A ton of laser in use down here and they'll usually shoot me first in a pack of cars. I've had then shoot past a truck passing me then shoot me again and it's not uncommon for them to turn and shoot my rear end after I go by. Still ticket free tho.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Coming from a nismo Z which got a decent amount of attention, I was shocked how much more attention this car gets. I get alot of thumbs up and a TON of people approaching me in parking lots and at red light asking about the color (avalanche). I would say around 80% of the comments I get are complimenting the color of the car, which I did not expect.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
BTW - Thumbs up and "nice car" are rolling in now. The car is a head turner, no doubt. Perhaps just the difference between driving in rush hour on a weekday versus more relaxed weekend driving.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853