Car pulling right AFTER alignment

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Hey guys,

I lowered my car a while ago and never go an alignment until today. This is because I just replaced the stock tires and don't want uneven wear. Basically, the car pulled to the right quite a bit before the alignment and still pulls to the right. The mechanic seemed to know what he was doing and said he's been doing this for 21 years when I asked if he's done the newer mustangs yet. The shop is also reputable and charged me quite a bit ($180)

I needed camber bolts in the front and the alignment itself took like 2 hrs. I want to go back to the shop on Wednesday if the car is still pulling to the right tomorrow (tuesday) when I test it some more.

I'll post up my alignment spec sheet I was given for you experts out there. I appreciate any feedback or advice on how to proceed.

Thanks.
thumbnail.jpg
Sponsored

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Based on alignment, car should track straight. You may be experiencing a radial tire pull. Swap front tires side to side and see if pull either goes away or now pulls left

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Did you tell the mechanic the car pulled right before the alignment?

The alignment specs don't show anything to account for the odd tracking, and since installing new tires didn't change that condition I feel like the tires are not the issue either, so something else has to be going on.

As an experienced mechanic with 21 years of doing alignments, he might have some insight into the cause of the issue if he knew to look for it while doing the alignment.

Maybe it's the lowering springs, they might not be seated properly and causing the car to lean slightly to one side, or maybe some of the suspension bushings we're not clocked correctly when tightening everything up, or maybe something is causing one of the right side brakes to drag. There's probably a dozen other potential causes that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Just communicate with the mechanic about what's going on and what's been done so far so an educated evaluation can be done to correct the problem.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just communicate with the mechanic about what's going on and what's been done so far so an educated evaluation can be done to correct the problem.
^this. Take it back and very nicely explain your issue. A professional shop should be able to handle it if you're respectful. Especially one that has "21 years" of experience, they should be no stranger to this sort of thing.

A better shop could have taken the time to take the car on a short test drive to confirm the alignment.

What tires are you on?
Sponsored