Sponsored

RK Sport Ram Air Hood - Maybe Trufiber Instead!

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Hey DRKHORS that is exactly the hood I’m going with - Grabber Blue. Hope to get it installed in two weeks
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Hey DRKHORS that is exactly the hood I’m going with - Grabber Blue. Hope to get it installed in two weeks
Hope you let us know how it goes, mate.

OP
OP
DRKHORS

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Should look good - especially on the grabber blue!

Have to admit it wasn't my first choice, but I'm glad it's where I ended up. Quality sounds much better than the initial hood I had picked out. And it was actually [MENTION=6659]MELLOWYELLOW06[/MENTION] and his beautiful car with the same hood that first got my attention some time ago.:hail:

OP
OP
DRKHORS

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Had my car back for a few weeks but haven't had the chance to post any updates or photos. Overall, I'm pleased with the TruFiber hood. Shop did have quite a bit of time in blocking and priming. They also routed my windshield washer hose and sprayers into the hood. Here's a few photos of the finished product...
TruFiber Rt Side.jpg
TruFiber Hood RF View.jpg
TruFiber Hood RF Low View.jpg
TruFiber Hood Front View.jpg

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Looks like the hood could be adjusted forward by about 1/8'' to 1/4''. Otherwise it looks good.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Looks great. I'm still waiting for mine to ship.

OP
OP
DRKHORS

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Looks really good!! I like it but I don’t like the heat extractors on this one I don’t know why.

Thank you!

The heat extractors were one of the only reasons it wasn't my first choice. They've grown on me!

Looks like the hood could be adjusted forward by about 1/8'' to 1/4''. Otherwise it looks good.

Thanks!

To keep the panel gaps even this is where the hood fell. Moving it forward would make the gaps at the back corners extra wide, and the driver's side is already slightly wider. Like I said, there were some quality issues with this hood as well, but the shop made it work.

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
This hood looks absolutely fantastic, thank for sharing. Is there a chance to take some pictures of the area of the windshield washers? Cheers
Martin

Sponsored
OP
OP
DRKHORS

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
This hood looks absolutely fantastic, thank for sharing. Is there a chance to take some pictures of the area of the windshield washers? Cheers
Martin
Thank you!

I certainly will. Give me just a few days and I'll get something posted for you. Mind you, the hood doesn't come designed to use the factory windshield washers, but my shop made it work.

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Thank you so much. Turfiber makes also a washer relocation set, do you think that it is worth the investment?
Cheers
Martin
hw3494_1.2329.jpg

OP
OP
DRKHORS

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Yes you absolutely need the relocation kit
This isn't necessarily true. Is it easier - yes. I'll get some photos posted in the next few days showing how my shop routed my washers just like factory. Its more labor but looks much better than sticking them on your wipers.

OP
OP
DRKHORS

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
The first photo shows the routing inside the fender and to the corner of the hood - just like OEM. The shop used OEM clips to attach the hose to the hood, then drilled a hole to run the hose between the two layers of the hood.

The second photo shows the location under the hood where the shop mounted the nozzles. It's easier to see the passenger side one, closest in the photo. The hose remains hidden between the two layers of the hood and the shop created an opening to allow it to reattach to the nozzle. The hole itself ends up being hidden by the nozzle.

Last photo was taken initially just to show the amount of rise in the hood, which is rather deceiving until you're inside the car. However, I have circled where you can barely see one of the nozzles. They are no more visible than they were on the OEM hood since they are mounted in basically the same location.

Hope this helps!
Washer Hose Entering Hood.jpg
Squirter Location.jpg
Nozzle Location from Interior.jpg
Sponsored