Need info on 50th anniversary welcome kit delivery

seajoemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE 50th Anniversary
Today my wife and I came into agreement with a dealer on the purchase of a still new 50th Anniversary car. It's been on the dealer's show room floor for over 3 years. Anyway, the car has been sitting there long enough that the dealer isn't quite clear on what was supposed to go with the car and what wasn't. From other postings regarding the welcome kit, I have a list of all of the contents, so that's not an issue. What I'm trying to confirm is whether or not Ford ever sent out a kit to the dealer. If not, is Ford still going to send the kit directly to me (at this late date)? My understanding is that Ford was supposed to send the kits directly to the purchasers of these cars and not the dealer sometime in 2015, but did Ford send them to the dealers if the cars weren't yet sold? If anyone has insight as to what Ford would have done with the welcome kit in a case like mine where the car is just now being sold new, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. The salesperson told me they contacted Ford earlier today, but couldn't get an answer on this topic.

Thanks
OJ (Old Joe)
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Old Joe- sorry no direct info for you. Doubt anyone here would have that knowledge. The kits were produced and sent out by Ford Performance. Same folks putting together and sending out GT350 and RS Focus kits. Search this and the GT350 forum for the phone number for Ford Performance, if anyone has the answer it will be them.

mgh-tx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former owner of 2015 Mustang 50th Anniversary #1596
Today my wife and I came into agreement with a dealer on the purchase of a still new 50th Anniversary car. It's been on the dealer's show room floor for over 3 years. Anyway, the car has been sitting there long enough that the dealer isn't quite clear on what was supposed to go with the car and what wasn't. From other postings regarding the welcome kit, I have a list of all of the contents, so that's not an issue. What I'm trying to confirm is whether or not Ford ever sent out a kit to the dealer. If not, is Ford still going to send the kit directly to me (at this late date)? My understanding is that Ford was supposed to send the kits directly to the purchasers of these cars and not the dealer sometime in 2015, but did Ford send them to the dealers if the cars weren't yet sold? If anyone has insight as to what Ford would have done with the welcome kit in a case like mine where the car is just now being sold new, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. The salesperson told me they contacted Ford earlier today, but couldn't get an answer on this topic.

Thanks
OJ (Old Joe)
I think I can help you with this. I just went through the same process a few months ago when I purchased our car new in March 2018 from the dealer. Ford will send the kit directly to you. The dealer is supposed to send something (I'm not sure what) to Ford saying that you bought the car and that is supposed to be sent to Ford Performance who then sends the kit to you. The dealer I bought my car from apparently never did this. I tried contacting several departments within Ford and nobody knew what I was talking about when I asked about the kit. I finally spoke to someone at Ford Performance. I don't remember his name. He told me all this information. He said since the dealer never sent the information that I could send him the bill of sale along with other information to him and he would send the kit to me. He said it may take 6 to 8 weeks to get it. It actually took less than 2 weeks to receive the kit. I got mine about 2 months ago ( in June 2018). I think the number I called at Ford Performance is (800) 367-3788.

Also, either in your car, or the dealer should have given you the signed photo card with a picture of a car like yours with the people who built the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition cars. Mine wasn't in the car and nobody at the dealership knew what I was talking about. A month or so later when the dealer sent me my license plates the photo was enclosed with the plates. Apparently they found it.

Good luck! Enjoy your car!

Mike
50th Anniv. LE #1596

Last edited:
OP
OP

seajoemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Mike,

Thanks for the detailed info. We bought the car on Saturday and drove it home from North Carolina to Wisconsin.

I passed this information on to the dealer and they are making calls on my behalf. Hopefully this will work out and I'll get the welcome kit. I have to give the dealer credit. They were doing all that they could to help me out. They gave me all of the dealer promo items that the dealership owner had in his possession including two of the die cast 50 year horses, 2 decks of mustang cards, promo CD, 50 year banner, 50 year poster, several of the hero packets and the 50 year dealer tin with the 50 photos with each year of Mustang. More than I bargained for!

Old Joe

mgh-tx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former owner of 2015 Mustang 50th Anniversary #1596
Mike,

Thanks for the detailed info. We bought the car on Saturday and drove it home from North Carolina to Wisconsin.

I passed this information on to the dealer and they are making calls on my behalf. Hopefully this will work out and I'll get the welcome kit. I have to give the dealer credit. They were doing all that they could to help me out. They gave me all of the dealer promo items that the dealership owner had in his possession including two of the die cast 50 year horses, 2 decks of mustang cards, promo CD, 50 year banner, 50 year poster, several of the hero packets and the 50 year dealer tin with the 50 photos with each year of Mustang. More than I bargained for!

Old Joe
Great to hear that! That is really nice that you gave you those promo items. They will make some really neat keepsakes to keep with the car. I bought a 50 year banner and a few other items to go with my car.

What car number did you get?

Mike

Sponsored

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
I'm finally getting all the stuff from the original owners of my car. I thankful for a good dealership staying on top of this for me. It's been 6 months but better late than never.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Mike,

Old Joe
Just curious, what dealer in North Carolina?

OP
OP

seajoemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ashe County Ford. By the way, the car is #1416. They had it in the showroom with pretty much all of the original stickers on the windows, wrapping on the seats, etc. They had the original shipping car cover too. They photographed all of the stickers in place along with anything else in the car and then carefully removed them for me, so I have it all. On occasion when I show the car, I'll put all of the stickers and wrapping in place. Should stir some interesting conversation.

Regards,
Old Joe

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Neat find 3 yrs later.

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
I was like a kid in the candy store when I got home today!
IMAG1126.jpg

Sponsored

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
So did the prior owner have the welcome kit, or did the dealer have it sent to you directly from Ford?
Previous owner, I have had my car since January waiting on the kit. My salesmans persistence paid off for me. He shipped it to me after they dropped off. Still don't have the pic that came eith the car during the inital purchase .

OP
OP

seajoemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I think I can help you with this. I just went through the same process a few months ago when I purchased our car new in March 2018 from the dealer. Ford will send the kit directly to you. The dealer is supposed to send something (I'm not sure what) to Ford saying that you bought the car and that is supposed to be sent to Ford Performance who then sends the kit to you. The dealer I bought my car from apparently never did this. I tried contacting several departments within Ford and nobody knew what I was talking about when I asked about the kit. I finally spoke to someone at Ford Performance. I don't remember his name. He told me all this information. He said since the dealer never sent the information that I could send him the bill of sale along with other information to him and he would send the kit to me. He said it may take 6 to 8 weeks to get it. It actually took less than 2 weeks to receive the kit. I got mine about 2 months ago ( in June 2018). I think the number I called at Ford Performance is (800) 367-3788.

Also, either in your car, or the dealer should have given you the signed photo card with a picture of a car like yours with the people who built the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition cars. Mine wasn't in the car and nobody at the dealership knew what I was talking about. A month or so later when the dealer sent me my license plates the photo was enclosed with the plates. Apparently they found it.

Good luck! Enjoy your car!

Mike
50th Anniv. LE #1596

Update: I called the phone number at Ford Performance that Mike provided above. They were very helpful and arranged to have my Welcome Kit shipped out on Friday. Thanks Mike!

Old Joe

OP
OP

seajoemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Update: I called the phone number at Ford Performance that Mike provided above. They were very helpful and arranged to have my Welcome Kit shipped out on Friday. Thanks Mike!

Old Joe
Yahoo!!! The welcome kit arrived last week while I was on vacation. My neighbors took good care of it until I returned. It was a pleasant ending to something I originally thought would be hard to obtain. I was surprised at just how much care Ford took in packing these. In case any of you got your welcome kit 2nd hand and didn't receive the original packing, inside the box, Ford even has a note that explains the care they took in the packaging itself! You don't see that every day.

Regards,
Old Joe
Sponsored