Sponsored

Just Bought One !

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Just Bought One !

FL67FYB  (10).jpg
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
so you were taken by the dodgy yellow ones at howden then :)

OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Nothing against blue. Wanted something that stands out.
Gonna be a lot of yellow at Howden next month.:sunglasses:

OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Red n Black = classic combo too.

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Well done! Dodgy yellow rules!

Nice one mate... shadow I guess by the black mustang.... the best of course....

Now the modding begins!

Where you get it? York? Cas? Somewhere else?

OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Settled for a Triple Yellow 67 plate Shadow Edition with less than 700 miles from TC Harrison, Burton on Trent.

Travelled to Stoneacre, York this morning as they claimed to have a load of my2017's in. Bit of a waisted journey really, as they only had a couple there which turned out to be already sold. Bit pissed 'cos they knew i was travelling up to view them but had moved them to another compound. They offered me an unregistered yellow shadow edition for just shy of 40K !! or a white with over the top fade stripes for the same price !! Fixed price - no negotiation. I was pissed that I couldn't view what they had, so left without a handshake.

Called in at TrustFord, Castleford but they didn't have any auto's in, only manual's. They said they could get them in from Europe. But I wanna see what I'm buying. Plus pricing was too high. Considering that these are 2017 models you wold think that dealers would be keen to offer deals to shift them, not my findings today.

Straight down to Burton for this one. Couldn't find a fault with it apart from a light mark on the back of the mirror casing. They are gonna sort that out and give it a paint protection coating. I'm gonna pick it up in a couple of weeks. Could have it sooner but we'll be traveling through the area then so can pick it up at the same time.

As soon as I saw this one I knew I was gonna have it, I'd have paid full screen price, managed to knock a few hundred off and the paint coating too. Saved over 6K on what Stoneacre offered, so quite happy. :like:

Last edited:

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
So... you will have before the next Howden meet?

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Wasn’t Natalies fault there was no cars there to view, the guy in charge of our new car compound decided to move all the Mustangs last week to another compound and failed to tell anyone in new car sales, and I think you may have been expecting a bit much on the discount side by the sounds of things, 4 grand off list price isn’t bad and you were never going to get a brand new one for near 30k, plus you were always going to get a used 1 year old car cheaper than a new unregistered one. Anyway enjoy the new car we will have to start a Triple Yellow area of the car park at Howden as they are taking over!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Wasn’t Natalies fault there was no cars there to view, the guy in charge of our new car compound decided to move all the Mustangs last week to another compound and failed to tell anyone in new car sales, and I think you may have been expecting a bit much on the discount side by the sounds of things, 4 grand off list price isn’t bad and you were never going to get a brand new one for near 30k, plus you were always going to get a used 1 year old car cheaper than a new unregistered one. Anyway enjoy the new car we will have to start a Triple Yellow area of the car park at Howden as they are taking over!
Hi Adam, You are correct, It was not Natalies fault - I'm not blaming her. she thought the cars were in stock to view. But I was irked that I had made an appointment to view and chose from a selection of cars, only to find they either did not have them, been sold or had been moved. Unfortunatly it left Natalie in a awkard position, perhaps if a note had been left on the cars I was interested in it could have been a different experience.
Pricewise, they were very high. I had a strong budget and had expected to pay 35-36K for a GT and 36.5-37.5K for a Shadow Edition - Not unrealistic expectations as Evans Halshaw are still advertising these models at those prices.
Again you are correct that a used ex demo is always going to be cheaper than brand new. 'Nearly New' is not 'New', so prices must reflect that.
Adam, thanks for trying to help - appreciated.
Hope to meet you at Howden where you will definately be surrounded by a a lot of yellow.

OP
OP
Lowrider Lincoln

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Ditto
Right back at you