Sponsored

Ford approved oil-air catch An?

Ronstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium
This... and I have had the dual valve as well and like he said, it works great and my dealer didn't say anything about it..
Sponsored

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
OK I've been waiting for someone else to ask this question. Can we use a OEM GT catch can? Ford sells them for a reasonable price.

wes936

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Grabber Blue EB 6MT
That's not entirely true. We do know that your warranty will remain intact if you don't install a catch can and something goes wrong. Your best bet if you decide you absolutely need a catch can is to discuss it with your servicing dealer beforehand. It may even be worth your piece of mind to have them do the installation, that way there can be no disagreements about whether it was installed correctly.
How do you know?, you have a bone stock ecoboost, no modifications, scared of voiding warranty as you previously talked about.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I would give the Ford Performance Driver Side Oil/Air Separator a try.

full.jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thought I would give the Ford Performance Driver Side Oil/Air Separator a try.

full.jpg
Is that the EB specific Ford Performance catch can and not the GT version made to work?

Deleted member 35644

Very interested to see what it catches in the next few thousand miles.

Anyone running both FP separators? I'm just running driver's side, for now.

FP CC.jpg

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
I had both sides on. I never had to empty the passenger side. So, I just removed it.
20181013_185827.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about buying the ford catch can myself Levittown has it 207 tax free for me

Is it worth grabbing? Easy to drain oil out? Sturdy? I have ford perf tune and I drive it pretty hard is why I’m considering it

Sponsored

Deleted member

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I would imagine the blow by would only effect under hard boost, I’m interested in this due to oem look. The upr looks like so much going on. Lol I want a clean look in engine.

Anyone have pics of it installed?
AF152436-2FAC-432E-A005-66FEB1EFD578.jpeg

Deleted member

I would imagine the blow by would only effect under hard boost, I’m interested in this due to oem look. The upr looks like so much going on. Lol I want a clean look in engine.

Anyone have pics of it installed?
AF152436-2FAC-432E-A005-66FEB1EFD578.jpeg
Any kind of boost is enough to force oil vapor through, better to have the protection in both situations. It comes in black as well, ill take a pic of mine later today. It honestly blends into the engine bay just fine, and unless you know what you're looking at you'd never know it's not OEM.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You’re saying one catch can protections both driver and passenger side?

Is one side under vacuum and driver under boost? Confused and yeah that’d be nice I’m always interested in seeing new things

Deleted member

You’re saying one catch can protections both driver and passenger side?

Is one side under vacuum and driver under boost? Confused and yeah that’d be nice I’m always interested in seeing new things
The upr is for dirty side only IE the connections from the pcv valve to the intake manifold, how its different is it has a third connection right before the turbo. I'll let Adam explain better.

A clean side catch can isn't really needed with this can on the dirty side, I know plenty of guys who ran a clean side catch can and it never had any oil in it.
Sponsored