My GTCS handling build

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I bought my Oxford White California Special mustang in Nov 2015. It was stock for a little while and then once I got into doing mods to improve the handling aspect of the vehicle, I never stopped. Over time I have purchased and installed a ton of parts on the car. Anyway here is what I have so far:

Engine
Pretty much fully stock motor besides a JLT oil separator. I had purchased a GT350 IM at one point, but I didn't feel like installing it because I didn't want to have to tune the engine and possible have powertrain warranty issues with a dealer in the future.
Watson Racing solid motor mounts

Transmission
Fully stock

Exhaust
Borla ATAK catback - (Currently I run a borla resonator in place of the x pipe to make my exhaust quieter due to getting multiple modified exhaust tickets)
Stainless Works catted long tube headers - (I have now removed these due to getting caught with them and sent to CA Smog Referee. Too lazy to reinstall them and possibly deal with the issue again)

Wheels/Tires
Signature SV502 19x11 et30 front, 19x11 et54 rear - (Sometimes I do regret not getting them in square offsets, but it's nice to not have to use spacers)
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 315/30/19 all around
ARP extended lugs
Gorilla 2" open ended lug nuts

Cosmetic
GT350 rear valance
Black vinyl rooftop
ZL1 Addons front tow hook

Interior
GT350R steering wheel (Matches great with the Cali Special specific red suede seat and door inserts)
Watson Racing 4 point roll bar
Rear seats removed

Brakes
AP Racing Radi-Cal BBK front w/2 piece J hook rotors
GT350 brembo rears
Ferodo DS2500 pads up front, stock gt350 pads rear

Suspension
MCS 2-way remote reservoir dampers (These are configured as an inverted true coilover shock in the rear not a divorced spring set up like stock. A lot easier to adjust ride height and swap out springs)
Set of Swift springs ~650# front, ~840# rear spring rates (Great on smooth roads)
Set of Hyperco springs 350# front, 550# rear spring rates (A lot better on broken roads/bumps, but rear occasionally bottoms out on dips at speed)
Vorshlag caster/camber plates (Love these, well worth the money)
Steeda rear spherical shock mounts
BMR Premium LCA bearings BK055
BMR front sway bar w/delrin bushings
BMR rear sway bar w/poly bushings
Full Tilt Boogie Racing front and rear sway bar endlinks (Switching to Cortex Racing front end links due to the FTBR front end links being very near the remote reservoir hose pickup points on the front dampers)
Full Tilt Boogie Racing vertical links
Full Tilt Boogie Racing spherical/delrin rear upper control arms

Aero
APR front splitter
APR GT250 wing

Future:
Steeda front lateral and tension links w/spherical bearings
Bump Steer kit (If I can find a shop that can properly install these correctly)
Rear knuckle bearings (Probably FTBR - they just look nicer than the Ford Racing ones)
MGW shifter
Sparco Evo 2 seats
Schroth 6 point harnesses

Everything that is installed on the car, I have installed myself. Here is a picture of my car:

2hd5zyh.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Here is a picture from the back:

2m7j3t0.jpg

OP
OP

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Nice build, what did you do with your stock CS wheels?
I got rid of them about a year ago. They were just too narrow and heavy for what I wanted to do with the car.
Sponsored