Sponsored

Sound tube delete

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
When i put my steeda cai in i tried to get mine out. I got it off of everything except the firewall. No matter how hard i tugged it did not budge.
Sponsored

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
FWIW when the PP2 install was done on my car the 10mm nut was removed from the bottom of the car. It's a PITA regardless of how you do it but at least from the bottom it was reachable.

bay584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Sorry to revive this thread but how has the sound tube delete kits held up? For those who opted for the chair end tips have those things stood the test of time?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
When i put my steeda cai in i tried to get mine out. I got it off of everything except the firewall. No matter how hard i tugged it did not budge.
Twist then tug.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Sorry to revive this thread but how has the sound tube delete kits held up? For those who opted for the chair end tips have those things stood the test of time?
It has been a worry of mine but I've read of other's having them on there for a couple years. I'm going to examine mine every time I dump my oil separator.

Sponsored

bay584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
It has been a worry of mine but I've read of other's having them on there for a couple years. I'm going to examine mine every time I dump my oil separator.
Thanks for the reply. I may just pay the extra $10 for a kit but man I am one cheap SOB haha

FabTbird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the reply. I may just pay the extra $10 for a kit but man I am one cheap SOB haha
Someone posted earlier about using a chair leg cap from home depot. I disconnected the tube from the intake and covered it with the cap. It was a perfect fit. I left the sound tube in place and it fits tight against the cap. No need to remove or even block the sound tub. Much quieter in the car and easy to reconnect if desired. A great result for me.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I measured the hole in the firewall and it is 30mm. Ford part number W651016S300 should work to cover the hole and is a factory piece.
Just got one of these at the dealership. Less than $3

I too am frugal. All things being the same, why pay more.
Plug was like $6 online. Less than $3 at the dealer parts DEPT.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Someone posted earlier about using a chair leg cap from home depot. I disconnected the tube from the intake and covered it with the cap. It was a perfect fit. I left the sound tube in place and it fits tight against the cap. No need to remove or even block the sound tub. Much quieter in the car and easy to reconnect if desired. A great result for me.
The engine bay looks a lot less crowed and cleaner without the sound tube though.

DSCF0148.JPG
Sponsored