Sponsored

How to disable the Active Noise Control

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Have you enabled the extended license?
Even with my ext. License this is all that's seen.. I use the odb lx by adapter. Could it be lacking mscan support and ACM requires it? I'm getting mixed answers if the Ix has mscan or not

EdIT: looks like I guess it doesn't support mscan. Uhh, off to Amazon.

sWHvyrK.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Got my new adapter, sweet jesus so many more modules lol. I ended up with the A value, (i have a ford performance tune flash) I changed it to a 8,did the key cycle, heard the speaker pop. Turned the car on and could tell instantly the difference. Im not sure Im a fan of this change however. I know this is only a 4 cylinder but with the change it sounds exactly like that a 4 cylinder. Im thinking ill switch it back to the A value from the 8 because i kind of liked the fake growl and bumble even if only I could hear it that now is no longer there.

Also still a little confused on if this change has to do with the symposer or the ANC.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Got my new adapter, sweet jesus so many more modules lol. I ended up with the A value, (i have a ford performance tune flash) I changed it to a 8,did the key cycle, heard the speaker pop. Turned the car on and could tell instantly the difference. Im not sure Im a fan of this change however. I know this is only a 4 cylinder but with the change it sounds exactly like that a 4 cylinder. Im thinking ill switch it back to the A value from the 8 because i kind of liked the fake growl and bumble even if only I could hear it that now is no longer there.
I turned it back on too. Not because I like the fake engine noise, but because I believe there is no way to turn off the fake engine noises without also turning off the active noise control.

Also still a little confused on if this change has to do with the symposer or the ANC.
Just to be clear: a "symposer" is a mechanical device that amplifies engine noise into the cabin. I believe the Focus ST uses a symposer. Our cars incorporate ESE (engine sound enhancement), which uses the speakers to recreate/amplify the engine's noise. Based on my testing, the codes listed in the database published at the F-150 site disable both the ESE and ANC (active noise cancelling). I could find no setting that disabled ESE without also disabling ANC. ANC makes the highway ride much quieter by eliminating much of the road/wind noise. I'm willing to accept the fake engine noises so I can better hear my tunes going down the highway.

You can recreate my experiment if feel like it. It would be good to see what someone else finds on their car.

EcoBond007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost named Hussy
On the convertible the Active Noise Control mic is located in the map light panel. If you gently pull down the 'map light box' (near the rear-view mirror); look about 2 inches left of center for a black plastic 'box'. Its about the size of a postage stamp and about 3/8" thick. It'll have a simple and tiny positive/negative harness plug that is separated from the other wiring harnesses. Simply unplug, slip in back into place, and put the map light box back.
Dude...your my hero.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
So what is the consensus? I am installing a JL stealth audio box. Should I disable via forscan or dc the ANC mic towards rear headliner, or leave it alone and leave it active.

I read comments in beginning say its awful, disconnect it, sounds great. Then people say its awful without and reclipped back in.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Use FORScan.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Use FORScan.
I am... I mean, should I turn them off, or leave ANC on? I read people talking about wanting it/disliking it. I am adding JL box. Can I run ANC with it on or what am I going to experience? I dont like road noise, but I will be listening to music, and ive never had a car with ANC anyway.

My Scion tC doesn't have any noise canceling, so probably wont notice it being gone. but what's wrong with it being on and having a sub? (I havnt driven my car yet) im just buying parts for it, I pick up in 2 weeks.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I disabled the ANC to eliminate drone from my exhausts. It did the job perfectly. Road noise never nothered me.

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
See, i am only disabling it bc I read subwoofers cause issues? What is the answer

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I think that others can chime in, but yes, disabling the ANC will eliminate issues you will have with the subwoofer.

zsameer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with PP
While writing this value, do you get a checksum warning. i changed my value from A to 8 and forscan warning came up saying something about checksum was incorrect and if i still wanted to write the value. Which i did anyways. just want to know if thats normal. thanks.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
That’s normal. You will always get this message. You can proceed. FWIW, I’ve noticed a big difference on cabin drone after disabling the ANC through FORScan. Take a look at my signature for my setup.

zsameer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with PP
Thanks, i figured as much but just wanted to make sure since no one mentioned it. I took the car out last night after i made the change and i did not hear the buzzing/rattle from the doors that i used to. I have a MBRP race so that was the only thing that was bothering me. Its been raining so haven't taken the car out so haven't been able to test on the highway. I am hoping this was the key to get rid of the buzzzing from the door at certain RMPs.
Sponsored