xx

What caused the engine failure?

• Total voters

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Livernois get in here and explain this wack ass job I saw coming a mile away. Give this man a partial refund or pay for him to get a proper tune with someone that knows what they’re doing. Reputable tuners don’t blow motors, any more than one of your cookie cutter tunes. Oh and honor the motors warranty if he gets tuned elsewhere. Enough of this crap
Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Cruise control might just be a boost thing. My car with livernois and plam beach. If the traffics makes me slow down or car goes up hill it goes into boost and speeds back up to the set speed like a bat at of heLL
Yes, but I set the cruise at 49 and on the hill it accelerated hard until I hit the brake at 65. It did this several times. The backup camera is really screwed up. It shows the last photo from then I brought the car there several months ago and flashes the picture. Very weird. BTW, the car was there again for 2 months.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
OP, how have you not contacted a lawyer yet?
I think you’re well beyond this being resolved without one.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
a good lawyer with this newly found info would be a good idea. as much as I hate to pour salt in the wound I feel taking the car back to Livernois when the first engine issue occurred was a huge mistake. that gave them every opportunity to cover their asses and make additional $$ off you. in the end you still need a reputable tuner's services.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
A lawyer will be nothing but wasting more $$$. You assume all risk when you buy their products... So sorry this epic shitshow just won't end for you op. Hopefully all the driving, and dyno runs haven't damaged the new engine.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Livernois get in here and explain this wack ass job I saw coming a mile away. Give this man a partial refund or pay for him to get a proper tune with someone that knows what they’re doing. Reputable tuners don’t blow motors, any more than one of your cookie cutter tunes. Oh and honor the motors warranty if he gets tuned elsewhere. Enough of this crap
@Livernois Motorsports

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Glad I’m still stock and never got that LMS tune I wanted at one time. I feel like a re-re. I need to find that post and edit it lol

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
New tune and I'm sure the car will be loads of fun. Have you contacted any of big name tuners yet to see if they can help you out?

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
LMS called me yesterday to bring the car back in to work with me on the tune, but it was just so, so, so bad that I contacted a small shop with very good rep on Friday and he agreed to take a look. He immediately said "the car isn't running right". He drove it with me and said, that it was likely spark knocking and believed the problem wasn't mechanical. He had the AFR up and said "I can see it's running lean". He checked the tune and said it was locked and he could not clear the PCM. However Ford can wipe it with their software and then he will be able to work with it.
LMS just had the car so long, with so many attempts to tune it. It was so obviously off that anyone would see it. I just do not understand what the problem was there. I am thinking the software is wrong at LMS or something. The shop I took it to was very busy but the tuner will get with me within a week or so. More money, but at this point, I believe LMS caused the original engine damage and am exhausted with them. Several visits with the car sitting there for weeks at a time. Since the start of original install of the Magnuson in early March, they have had the car more than me. This is my only bad experience with shops. Brenspeed was great, but too far away. They tuned both my '11 GT with a Roush and my '09 Bullitt with a Vortech I put on myself. This problem with LMS is very weird.
This might sound crazy, but I feel for them. They seem unable to fix the problem or understand my viewpoint. Still, I am out more than $15,700 with them.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Glad I’m still stock and never got that LMS tune I wanted at one time. I feel like a re-re. I need to find that post and edit it lol
I had their NA tune before the blower and it was very good. So, I do not understand the problem. Perhaps their tuner left?

Sponsored

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Regardless man I hope it works out for ya and you can enjoy the car with a good running tune. Were these tunes on 91 or 93 octane?

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
When we looked at the tune Saturday, it did no list the octane. The tuner message was different than before the engine rebuild. I assume it was 93. I am having a 91 tune done at this other shop who will at this point remain unnamed.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Well we were not done with the car but the customer wanted his car back for an event this past sunday and we kept telling him it was not ready to be picked up that he should just come down so we could make sure the gas pedal was where he wanted it since that was one of the concerns for the customer, so he drove it and we made changes and he kept pushing to get his car back just for the event sunday even though we were not done with the tune and we told him the car was still not ready, we let him take the car and he was supposed to have it back here monday so we could finish tuning and he never brought it back, so of course the tune is off if we were not done with it and the customer knew all of this when he took it and still pushed for the car back anyways knowing that it was going to have issues. We are more than willing to get that car in here and finish our work on it like it was originally planned.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Well we were not done with the car but the customer wanted his car back for an event this past sunday and we kept telling him it was not ready to be picked up that he should just come down so we could make sure the gas pedal was where he wanted it since that was one of the concerns for the customer, so he drove it and we made changes and he kept pushing to get his car back just for the event sunday even though we were not done with the tune and we told him the car was still not ready, we let him take the car and he was supposed to have it back here monday so we could finish tuning and he never brought it back, so of course the tune is off if we were not done with it and the customer knew all of this when he took it and still pushed for the car back anyways knowing that it was going to have issues. We are more than willing to get that car in here and finish our work on it like it was originally planned.
Reading this gave me a headache. Maybe time for a new PR department too?

You've had the car for months... tunes don't take months... especially not on a kit that you sell regularly

You guys just plain suck!

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Reading this gave me a headache. Maybe time for a new PR department too?

You've had the car for months... tunes don't take months... especially not on a kit that you sell regularly

You guys just plain suck!
With the vehicle having an engine failure and us having to get pistons and rods and everything for the built motor it definitely is not an overnight job and then also changing the tune with the new intake and pulley and waiting for the cutsomer to come make sure he liked the pedal feel and everything just holds up the process, we take our time on our builds we do not like to rush our customers cars out the door.
Sponsored