Sponsored

Sync apps not working

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
When I go into my Sync 3 app's in my 16 mustang, the middle four have been staying on the "searching" icon for the past few days. It usually does that for maybe a minute or so when starting the car for the first time, but now it seems to be stuck. The only one I really use a lot is the weather app, but would like to have them all working. I never had any problem before. Also some of the apps like the gas prices has not been accurate for months. I'm not very technically inclined and have no idea how to fix it besides trying the reboot or whatever its called and don't want to lose my stations and NAV destinations, ect.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
In my 2018 those are things I get through Sirius Travel Link. Do you have that? The 2018 comes with 5 years of Travel Link and it actually works great.

In my not so humble opinion, Sync is a horribly flawed platform! Ford needs to put serious effort into fixing it or gut it for a better technology platform.

I've only had my car about 4 months but the Sync Apps have never really worked with any degree of reliability. Apps disappear and don't come back for days. Pandora is especially hit or miss. The only one that seems to really work is the Mobile Speed Pass app.

I just wish they had native baked in apps like the other car manufactures do. Hyundai is able to reliably get Pandora working.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
In my 2018 those are things I get through Sirius Travel Link. Do you have that? The 2018 comes with 5 years of Travel Link and it actually works great.

In my not so humble opinion, Sync is a horribly flawed platform! Ford needs to put serious effort into fixing it or gut it for a better technology platform.

I've only had my car about 4 months but the Sync Apps have never really worked with any degree of reliability. Apps disappear and don't come back for days. Pandora is especially hit or miss. The only one that seems to really work is the Mobile Speed Pass app.

I just wish they had native baked in apps like the other car manufactures do. Hyundai is able to reliably get Pandora working.
Why don't you just use CarPlay or Android Auto? The apps such as Pandora work way better connecting that way.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Other than voice integration I don't like Android Auto. It's too simple/crippled/locked down compared to the the OEM system.

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my 2018 those are things I get through Sirius Travel Link. Do you have that? The 2018 comes with 5 years of Travel Link and it actually works great.t.
I'm not really sure. All I know it was the NAV unit with Sync that came on the 16gt. I guess I could take it in to the dealership, but I'm thinking of trading the car in for a scat pack if I can get a good deal so I don't know if I really want to mess with it much unless there was a quick fix I could do myself.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Dealership service departments tend to be clueless when it comes to Nav/Info system software issues.

They'd probably start by having you factory reset everything.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Anyone been successful at having Pandora stay on the app list for more than a day or two (or even a few minutes)?

I've also noticed odd behaviors on my phone with Sync apps and notifications on my Note 8. Sync apps seem to frequently throw notifications and have random crashes when I'm not connected with my car.

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked, it is in the Sirius Travel Link app that isn't working right.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I'd check with Sirius first. My Travel Link works much more reliably than the Sync apps.

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
I would delete your phone from the truck and your truck from phone and go to settings and do a master reset if that doesnt work make dealer fix the software or replace the apim.
Sponsored