How to get my wheels straight

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Hey guys,

So my car has been lowered for a while now and I never got an alignment. Lately, I needed to replace tires and thought getting an alignment was good timing

However, the guy said he couldn't get the lowered car on the lift for the alignment so I said whatever. He also said I can't adjust front camber without getting bolts or plates.

To my knowledge, I thought those were for people running aggressive setups, but I just want the stock straight wheels with optimal camber for wear so I can rotate tires. Would should I do? I need an alignment ASAP bc I don't want uneven wear like I had on the stock tires and since these are nice tires. He recommended I go to another shop like Les Schwab or a performance shop to get it done

Thanks
Sponsored

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
How much did you lower car? Need to find a shop that's willing to use boards to get car on rack, we used to do it all the time where I used to work. There are no factory adjustments for front camber. will either need camber bolts or plates to do it. From what I've read here, if car is moderately lowered, you shouldn't have more than -1.5 to -2.0 degrees of negative camber which shouldn't cause excessive wear in my opinion

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you’re toe is zero and the slightly increased camber from lowering shouldn’t be a big deal. Toe wears tires a lot faster than just a bit of camber.

The shop is correct tho, front camber is not adjustable without camber bolts or plates (or other mods).

OP
OP
CommyO

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
How much did you lower car? Need to find a shop that's willing to use boards to get car on rack, we used to do it all the time where I used to work. There are no factory adjustments for front camber. will either need camber bolts or plates to do it. From what I've read here, if car is moderately lowered, you shouldn't have more than -1.5 to -2.0 degrees of negative camber which shouldn't cause excessive wear in my opinion
Car should be about 1inch low all around. Nothing too crazy imo but shop said my aftermarket exhaust and diff might scrape and he said just go to a different shop. My rear tires were bald and my front ones were balding in the inside so I replaced all four stocks. I'm worried from the camber in the front since the inside of my tires were bald

Will adjusting toe and rear camber really be enough to prevent uneven wear?

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt