Sponsored

LED Resistor Kit

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Can someone tell me which wires I need to tap into for the front turn signal? I'm installing LED switchbacks. I have 4 LED Resistor Kits ready to install in order to fix the fast blinkers. Wasn't sure if I needed a kit for the side markers since they feed off the same power
Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I got plug-n-play inline resistors from eBay. I didn't want to splice into anything. Unfortunately they didn't last long and I ended up removing. They did work for awhile and I only had to put them in the turn-signal wire to work. I did not need to mess with the side marker at all.

The hardest part is they get really hot. Burn your finger while testing hot. Finding a place to mount to make sure they don't melt anything was the biggest challenge. There's plenty of plastic in there but not much metal.

Good luck!!!

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I got plug-n-play inline resistors from eBay. I didn't want to splice into anything. Unfortunately they didn't last long and I ended up removing. They did work for awhile and I only had to put them in the turn-signal wire to work. I did not need to mess with the side marker at all.

The hardest part is they get really hot. Burn your finger while testing hot. Finding a place to mount to make sure they don't melt anything was the biggest challenge. There's plenty of plastic in there but not much metal.

Good luck!!!
Yeah I got the same ones from DD. I saw the warnings about how hot it gets, which of the 3 wires did you plug into? I think I'm plugged into the wrong ones because I still get fast blink and it doesn't get hot

I didn't see a good spot to mount it. Everything is plastic...the fast blink is driving me crazy. I might go back to stock bulbs

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/7443-LED-50...r-Canceller-/331667262928?hash=item4d38e8cdd0

It worked initially but one of them stopped working and I pulled them. This was plug-n-play so it only worked in one position. I'm sorry I wish I could be more helpful. If it's not getting hot it's not working I can tell you that. I used zip ties to make the wires taught so they wouldn't flop around touching any plastic. It basically kept the resistors hanging in mid-air so they really weren't mounted to anything. I also wrapped connectors in electrical tape to keep them secure. The tension might have contributed to one failing after a couple months but I can't be sure. It was a frustrating installation experience.

I recently went with the OPT7 sequential turn signals. They replace the entire turn signal housing and have the resistor built-in. [ame] They're very pricey though but I do like them a lot. (I've got no affiliation I just like them and hope they last). Good luck!!!

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I ordered something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/7443-LED-50...r-Canceller-/331667262928?hash=item4d38e8cdd0

It worked initially but one of them stopped working and I pulled them. This was plug-n-play so it only worked in one position. I'm sorry I wish I could be more helpful. If it's not getting hot it's not working I can tell you that. I used zip ties to make the wires taught so they wouldn't flop around touching any plastic. It basically kept the resistors hanging in mid-air so they really weren't mounted to anything. I also wrapped connectors in electrical tape to keep them secure. The tension might have contributed to one failing after a couple months but I can't be sure. It was a frustrating installation experience.

I recently went with the OPT7 sequential turn signals. They replace the entire turn signal housing and have the resistor built-in. [ame] They're very pricey though but I do like them a lot. (I've got no affiliation I just like them and hope they last). Good luck!!!
I just ordered the opt7. Since your video was almost a year ago, have the opt7 sequential signal lights had any issues?

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the opt7. Since your video was almost a year ago, have the opt7 sequential signal lights had any issues?
No issues so far.