Sponsored

Steeda competition duel rate springs.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just got these in today. Very fast shipping from steeda. The rear springs are very beefy looking. Going to install them this week and see how it rides and handles on our cars.
IMG_20180818_190558.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
These are duel rate springs.

Fronts are 250-350
Rears are 800-1200

I had the frpp springs and while the front felt good the rear was too soft for me.

I haven't driven on these springs yet but I will tonight after bleeding my brakes.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Interested to hear your feedback. Didn't you also try the BMR springs?

My APR splitter is scraping a bit more than I'd like on track - looking for something a bit stiffer.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Never tried the Bmr.

Sponsored

Teuton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Voodoo 5.2
These are duel rate springs.

Fronts are 250-350
Rears are 800-1200

I had the frpp springs and while the front felt good the rear was too soft for me.
Standing by to hear how you find these compared to the FRPP springs.

I think you mean these are dual rate springs, not 'duel' rate.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just want to start off by saying that my aligment is really off. When I drive straight over the white pedestrian lines, my tires squeel pretty loud. My camber was -0.5 up front with the eibachs that lowers the car much more than any springs out there for the Shelby so I am guessing my front camber is on the positive side.

These springs drive mostly like the frpp with the rears being little stiffer than the frpp springs at normal crusing. But when you get up to around 55-60mph they firm up more and even more when you go faster and faster. On the freeway the car feels great and tight even with my alignment being way off. when goinng throught a turn, the car has absolutely no body roll I mean no body roll at all. Also, the turn in is extremely quick.

I have the frpp sway bars front and rear with Moog front end link that is much more rigid than the factory ones and I have the front set to normal position and the rear set to firm.

These springs were born to be on the track but they are also 100% daily driveable.

I think the drop is perfect. Front sits basically like the frpp but the rear is little higher than the frpp springs maybe about 10mm or so. I did not measure the car or anything, only just by looking at it. Front and rear look very even unlike the frpp that sat little lower out back.

Very happy as of now with these springs. The Price is also much lower than the competition at $269 retail and you can get 10% off through steeda when you messaged them.

I'll take some pics over the weekend after the aligment and a nice full detail.

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Just want to start off by saying that my aligment is really off. When I drive straight over the white pedestrian lines, my tires squeel pretty loud. My camber was -0.5 up front with the eibachs that lowers the car much more than any springs out there for the Shelby so I am guessing my front camber is on the positive side.

These springs drive mostly like the frpp with the rears being little stiffer than the frpp springs at normal crusing. But when you get up to around 55-60mph they firm up more and even more when you go faster and faster. On the freeway the car feels great and tight even with my alignment being way off. when goinng throught a turn, the car has absolutely no body roll I mean no body roll at all. Also, the turn in is extremely quick.

I have the frpp sway bars front and rear with Moog front end link that is much more rigid than the factory ones and I have the front set to normal position and the rear set to firm.

These springs were born to be on the track but they are also 100% daily driveable.

I think the drop is perfect. Front sits basically like the frpp but the rear is little higher than the frpp springs maybe about 10mm or so. I did not measure the car or anything, only just by looking at it. Front and rear look very even unlike the frpp that sat little lower out back.

Very happy as of now with these springs. The Price is also much lower than the competition at $269 retail and you can get 10% off through steeda when you messaged them.

I'll take some pics over the weekend after the aligment and a nice full detail.
So I'm looking to get lowering springs for my GT350... based on what you've experienced, which springs would you recommend?

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Did you take any comparison pics?

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So I'm looking to get lowering springs for my GT350... based on what you've experienced, which springs would you recommend?
If you track your car alot go with the steeda.

Looks, eibach

Frpp, track and street

Bmr, never installed it

Sponsored
OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I am going with coilovers as I want a nice firm ride like the steeda but with eibach drop.

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
If you track your car alot go with the steeda.

Looks, eibach

Frpp, track and street

Bmr, never installed it

Thanks man! One more question:

I was looking at the Eibachs as the main choice, but concerned the drop might be too off from the stock suspension calibration...Would you say the Eibach ruined the handling in any way? Or the other ones, like did you experience an improvement with the other springs or the opposite compared to stock?

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
If you like the stock ride hight stay with stock springs and they handle great all around.

If you have aftermarket wheels with more aggressive offset the eibachs will rub on the inner fender liners because the rate is 200lbs just like stock but the car lowers more than an inch. I have no idea what eibach was thinking making these springs.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
duel.jpg

Duel rate...LOL
Sponsored