Sponsored

ProCal Tune Flexability

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Since it looks like no one with ProCal tune has aftermarket DPs, why don't you try it and let us know the results? My guess is that you won't get a CEL if you use an O2 sensor extension, a slight change in the exhaust sound, and a little lower lag.
Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't really need an inter-cooler for my style of driving. If I was street racing for multiple lights I would need one. If I do jump on it it's just one time, and then go my way. I don't want a tune from any other vendors other than Ford. The updated Ford Procal tune is satisfactory for my needs. I'd just like more punch when getting onto highway ramps, and passing on my local 2 lane highways. If I want to track it then I will get FMIC. Right now my 12 second GT is my track car.
Right now I'm seeing (and appreciating) opinions. What I'm looking for is some that has done it. A call to various vendors range from " No way" tune only, to "it's possible". So I depend on the experience of Forum Memnbers
You live in Florida...if you push the button to start the car and pull out of your driveway, you need an upgraded intercooler. There is no "style of driving" that's going to cause the intercooler to heat soak less in a high heat high humidity market. I added a Mishimoto IC to my car when it was bone stock, and immediately noted a HUGE difference in passing power on the toll roads around CFL just because of the reduction in charge temps.

OP
OP
Rick B

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Since it looks like no one with ProCal tune has aftermarket DPs, why don't you try it and let us know the results? My guess is that you won't get a CEL if you use an O2 sensor extension, a slight change in the exhaust sound, and a little lower lag.
That's my thought also. That's why I started this Tread. I didn't know the MBRP existed, thats why I love this Forum. Eventually someone gives you exactly what you are looking for. I hope that the MBRP works for me. I think other members with the Procal Tune will jump on this.

Last edited:

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
You live in Florida...if you push the button to start the car and pull out of your driveway, you need an upgraded intercooler. There is no "style of driving" that's going to cause the intercooler to heat soak less in a high heat high humidity market. I added a Mishimoto IC to my car when it was bone stock, and immediately noted a HUGE difference in passing power on the toll roads around CFL just because of the reduction in charge temps.
I can definitely tell a difference in normal driving with my Garrett IC compared to stock in this summer heat.

Sponsored

Morgan17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robby
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I've got FP tune, MBRP 3" catted downpipe, and FP Borla Sport exhaust, the down pipe was done after the others, and have had no problems. Puts out quite a bit of sound when you get on it, but hardly any in the cabin at cruise

OP
OP
Rick B

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Was there a noticable difference in power after the MBRP 3" catted downpipe.

Morgan17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robby
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Definitely. huge drop in lag. I've only been able to do a little running around cause of work lately, but there's been a big difference in the 30 and 40 pulls I've been about to do

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Usually running power mods like high flow downpipes and not tuning for them can pay some questionable dividends on these motors. You will spool a lot faster for sure, and you will get that evil whistling out the back on cold startups. However under load in the Ecoboost's ECU, things like boost, WGDC, etc. all have target levels that the ECU is constantly monitoring and when something is out of place it can attempt to pull timing or make other corrections. If not, I'd still be worried about any boost spikes or lean conditions once you got up past 20 pounds without a remap. I don't personally have the Ford tune but I'm guessing its the same. (There are also the CELs you may or may not get depending on what you buy but no one should be surprised if one pops up after installing a DP.)

The intercooler would be a very good no headache mod without a remap or even no tune at all. I would go for one of the stock sized units to keep air flow and pressure drop as close to the levels the Ford tune is used to. Tough for people to bite the bullet on an intercooler. No sweet sounds or neck-breaking gains to be had but such a fundamental part.

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I'm new to turbo cars and this forum is eye opening and confusing as i get to know the parts and pieces. Since I already have an LE with the V8 and manual transmission I decided to try out this little Ecoboost Mustang with the A10 transmission and came away totally impressed with it so much so I bought it. So with only 234 miles on the odometer I'm searching out go fast parts. Thanks for the info guys on this great little car and I look forward to sharing what I do and also getting help from you guys with my mod choices.

Since I live in Florida my first choice will be an intercooler as has been suggested.

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
I'm new to turbo cars and this forum is eye opening and confusing as i get to know the parts and pieces. Since I already have an LE with the V8 and manual transmission I decided to try out this little Ecoboost Mustang with the A10 transmission and came away totally impressed with it so much so I bought it. So with only 234 miles on the odometer I'm searching out go fast parts. Thanks for the info guys on this great little car and I look forward to sharing what I do and also getting help from you guys with my mod choices.

Since I live in Florida my first choice will be an intercooler as has been suggested.
I did the intercooler and charge pipes in early August, im in NY; it was an easy install and I wrote a lengthy post on it in the sticky intercooler thread.
I have also installed in this order, prior to the FMIC; Roush cold air intake, Mishi catch can, GFB DV+, Steeda throttle body spacer, cold-pregapped plugs and MBRP race cat back (FMIC and pipes came next).
I have the MBRP catted downpipe as well but have not installed it because of the unavailability of a 2018 tune or map.
The Cobb AC3 is on UPS truck today and I hopefully will install tonight.
I expect to put the downpipe in sometime in November, shortly before I install winter wheels and tires.
Anyway, I didnt notice any major changes in performance from any of the bolt ons. The FMIC did make the car run smoother (see my review).
I think the biggest change I have noticed (not joking in what I am about to say) was when I changed out factory oil and filter at 1000 miles and replaced with Motul and a Wix filter.
After that going to Sunoco 93 octane was a big change. In fact when I ran a tank of Shell 93 I got significantly less mpg under similar driving conditions, about 4mpg.

My car is lightning blue with PP so blacked out wheels I went with black chrome exhaust and then put on black pony emblems in place of the OEM chrome ones, the car looks great IMHO.
Sponsored