Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RHD Mustang GT S550 PP Platinum White
I have Roush Axleback exhaust for almost 8 months and its sounds very nice. Loud on cold start but stick it in drive and move off straight away and its not too obnoxious its loud if you give it some gas but very liveable as a DD. On highway its quiet at any speed unless you are accelerating. Incredibly liveable. No drone at all. Old school muscle car sound it has a nice weighty throb on idle - to me there is no need for loudness variability on this one its a good all rounder.
I get praises all the time. My ford dealer has made a comment that its the nicest exhaust they have heard.

I purchased some nice stainless bevelled tips from Alliexpress which I prefer to the Roush slanted and bevelled tips.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...101.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.19384c4dUMZDB8

I am keen now on fitting a Steeda or Mashimoto H-pipe to get rid of the heavy centre resonator as my next exhaust mod. My only concern is how much louder it will be? Cop magnet? at the same time get the exhaust shop to fabricate out of stainless steel the bits in between and weld it all up so its a full cat back.

Once the above is done after a few months a would like the idea of doing the ARH and green cats described by Fred in a post above.

My only concern is how much louder this thing is going to be? after H-pipe and then the headers? will I regret the mods?

I will then do the Ingin CAI.

Sound like I get some nice gains without the need for any tuning.

This is a picture of the Roush tips
20180609_173513.jpg
Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A wise comment made to me is dont mix a dedicated catback only (or axel back) system with headers.

Theyre designed to amplify the stock quiet tone a lot. Imagine what it's going to do when you combine it with a loud source like aftermarket headers and cats. Its better to go a full kit

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A wise comment made to me is dont mix a dedicated catback only (or axel back) system with headers.

Theyre designed to amplify the stock quiet tone a lot. Imagine what it's going to do when you combine it with a loud source like aftermarket headers and cats. Its better to go a full kit
Thanks for your reply - Its what is concerning me. Looks like I will need to ditch the Roush for the Borla and then eventually go for the Headers and Cats.
Cheers

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
@DAZZA the car will be much louder with an aftermarket mid pipe. I had the Corsa Xtreme catback which is pretty much the same volume as Roush + xpipe, and I can tell you that even in just catback form it was louder than almost every full exhaust combo I've heard. Adding headers to that combo will be cop magnet deluxe (although I was planning to do it before ordering the new car).

I took the x pipe off (because I want to transfer to new car), and my god it is so quiet now in comparison lol. My advice if you are concerned about volume is to add either the Magnaflow or Borla resonated cross overs, instead of a non-resonated H pipe. It might only make it a touch louder as a catback but once the headers are on it will be much more tame. You don't need to get rid of the Roush

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DAZZA the car will be much louder with an aftermarket mid pipe. I had the Corsa Xtreme catback which is pretty much the same volume as Roush + xpipe, and I can tell you that even in just catback form it was louder than almost every full exhaust combo I've heard. Adding headers to that combo will be cop magnet deluxe (although I was planning to do it before ordering the new car).

I took the x pipe off (because I want to transfer to new car), and my god it is so quiet now in comparison lol. My advice if you are concerned about volume is to add either the Magnaflow or Borla resonated cross overs, instead of a non-resonated H pipe. It might only make it a touch louder as a catback but once the headers are on it will be much more tame. You don't need to get rid of the Roush
Thank, yes this concerned me. I was also thinking of the magnaflow centre resonator. Wondering if I should simply sell the Roush axle backs and go a full engine back Varex Xforce exhaust. I heard one the other day fire up and it sounded good, not sure what setting he had it on and he fired it up from cold.

Sponsored

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently they drone quite bad which is disappointing as i've always liked the Varex idea
No drone. I have a full engine back XForce Varex. When the valve is closed, the thing is fairly quiet inside the cabin. Even with the valve open and one is fanging down the freeway at 120kph - the noise inside the cabin is OK, and no drone.

I've had the soundtube delete mod though, so no artificial noise from inside the cabin... only noise is actual exhaust noise.

I've done a few decent 10 hour drive days, and the cabin noise is great.

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No drone. I have a full engine back XForce Varex. When the valve is closed, the thing is fairly quiet inside the cabin. Even with the valve open and one is fanging down the freeway at 120kph - the noise inside the cabin is OK, and no drone.

I've had the soundtube delete mod though, so no artificial noise from inside the cabin... only noise is actual exhaust noise.

I've done a few decent 10 hour drive days, and the cabin noise is great.
OK excellent. I have also deleted my sound tube. Did you get a tune with the full exhaust? did you feel the difference?

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
I have Roush Axleback exhaust for almost 8 months and its sounds very nice. Loud on cold start but stick it in drive and move off straight away and its not too obnoxious its loud if you give it some gas but very liveable as a DD. On highway its quiet at any speed unless you are accelerating. Incredibly liveable. No drone at all. Old school muscle car sound it has a nice weighty throb on idle - to me there is no need for loudness variability on this one its a good all rounder.
I get praises all the time. My ford dealer has made a comment that its the nicest exhaust they have heard.

I purchased some nice stainless bevelled tips from Alliexpress which I prefer to the Roush slanted and bevelled tips.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...101.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.19384c4dUMZDB8

I am keen now on fitting a Steeda or Mashimoto H-pipe to get rid of the heavy centre resonator as my next exhaust mod. My only concern is how much louder it will be? Cop magnet? at the same time get the exhaust shop to fabricate out of stainless steel the bits in between and weld it all up so its a full cat back.

Once the above is done after a few months a would like the idea of doing the ARH and green cats described by Fred in a post above.

My only concern is how much louder this thing is going to be? after H-pipe and then the headers? will I regret the mods?

I will then do the Ingin CAI.

Sound like I get some nice gains without the need for any tuning.

This is a picture of the Roush tips
20180609_173513.jpg
I know this is an exhaust thread - but which rims are you running. From that angle they look great. A couple of the forum members run the AWE exhaust (3inch cats back) and it has a really great deep tone and no drone at all. I have also deleted the sound tube and the true sound is exactly how this car should have come from the factory with the AWE exhaust...opinions may differ :)

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this is an exhaust thread - but which rims are you running. From that angle they look great. A couple of the forum members run the AWE exhaust (3inch cats back) and it has a really great deep tone and no drone at all. I have also deleted the sound tube and the true sound is exactly how this car should have come from the factory with the AWE exhaust...opinions may differ :)
Exhaust is becoming like wheels too many choices. Here is another shot of the car with wheels.

Velgen classic 5 -255/35/20 on 9inch and 305/30/20 on 10.5inch.
Mustang parked.png

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
OK excellent. I have also deleted my sound tube. Did you get a tune with the full exhaust? did you feel the difference?
No tune, Airraid CAI does not require one. But yes, pickup is noticeable with the CAI plus engine back
Sponsored