Sponsored

Anyone with whipple regret leaving whipple tune for Lund or PBD?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Can the same setup be made to work on the 15-17 cars?
I already have the fuel pump...
To be able to simply add a BAP and run e85 is kinda appealing
You can run the same setup on your 15-17 and support quite a bit of power. Not as much as the 18 though as the 18 has DI as well where your 15-17 car is PI only.

As an example our 2015 GT 6 speed manual that went 9.7@150 ran the ID1050's, JMS FuelMax along with the stock pump on MS109. The E85 setup would require more pump though. A Sai Li Dual Pump Return Style setup that we offer would be a pretty good option to support the 850rwhp range on E85.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...n-style-fuel-system-2011-2017-mustang-gt.html

sailisystem.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I thought Lund was working on an e85 upgrade with the xdi hpfp ?
yep, some cool stuff in the works, as lunds largest dealer, we'll be lots of testing with these new setups in the upcoming weeks!

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Okay, wanted to give my two cents on the Stage 2 Whipple on my 2018 Mustang now that I have had it for 2 weeks and about 150 miles of driving. The whipple performance is outstanding, pulls for days and is fantastic to drive. Everything has been great with it, except for the custom tune that was put together by Lund. The car has issues starting when the engine is warm, it's almost as if the fuel is not getting to the engine and it chokes itself off. My installer told me that Lund said they are having the same issue on their whipple 18'. That's not a good sign. You have to feather the gas pedal to get more fuel into the engine, and sometimes that doesn't even work. Also, the tune seems to be holding gears too long when doing wide open pulls. I do enjoy the pops and crackles that came with the tune, sound great, but the start up issue, coupled with holding gears too long is a pain the ass. I'm thinking about going straight to Palm Beach Dyno for a tune, versus taking it back to the install shop and have them data log it.
I enjoyed seeing your car being double reviewed on YouTube! Very nice of you to hand your keys over to others. Your car looks like a blast to drive.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Anyone with a whipple stage 2 regret ditching the whipple tune for a Lund or PBD tune? It seems the large TB can give tuners problems? Truth or fiction? Especially interested hearing from guys with A6 cars.

Curious to hear if I am missing out on any significant HP or other benefits by staying with whipple tune. Thanks!
UPDATE:

I went PBD tune and only have the base file loaded. Car is woke! Most noticeable change is shifts, way quicker and power is immediately there. Throttle response is amazing! Can't wait to get them my data logging to see what they can do to make it even better. Top notch customer service as well.

I went with the SCT GTX, pretty cool device. Pricey, but really nice to have wifi and all of the real time gauges running.
Sponsored