Weak warm/hot starts

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
its most likely air intake temps .. my car does it as well and its a 17..stage one roush.. when i get home from work i park in the garage i usually leave it open for a bit to let the heat out.. but if i dont and say i go back out in a hr or 2 my ait is still over 110..sometimes over 130 which is likely from the heat soak from the s/c and motor but it starts weird then soon as i back out in fresh air for about 30 sec its fine.. like normal
Sponsored

KoyoteKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My 2018 has done this since I bought it. Nothing is wrong performance wise so I dont worry about it. Its a high compression engine in a small engine bay. I trust the car to do what it needs to do in order to maintain normal operations. I wouldnt worry about a weak start if it doesnt stall and idles fine.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
mine has too, thought it was normal

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Me to, 2015 GT, 22k miles. When hot/warm. Sort of a prolonged sputter cough...like no compression or full fire. no 5.0 rumble, I just kill the start button and try again. Does not happen often, maybe 5-10x per year.

jealonsomx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alonso
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT , Ford Edge SEl, Ford Fusion SE
Hello everyone!!

Greetings from Mexico

I had the same problem that is mentioned in this post. After 2 or 2.5 hours to try to restart the engine (this happened all the time), the engine had a weak start.

I finally found the solution, a faulty gas pump, the failure mod was after 2 hours the fuel pressure drops to almost zero. I replaced the fuel pump assembly last Tuesday and have had zero problems since then.

Just for your information, the air temperature at this time is above 90 degrees.
Sponsored