Sponsored

2019 Shelby GT Mustang Revealed At Woodward!

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Honestly curious, why would anyone get one of these instead of a GT350 at essentially the same price?
Ignorance.

Going to hard to talk me out of ordering 2019 Shelby GT350.

The only car that may have a chance is the GT500.

Time will tell.
Sponsored

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Lets address the elephant in the room. What kind of relationship involves two Shelby GTs.
Ebony and Ivory... living together in perfect harmony... C'mon man! It's a diversity thang...

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Now I want a 2019 Grabber Orange Shelby GT-C if they offered one and at a better price :) but the pricing for a Shelby GT in 2007-2008 was not that much more than just an appearance package on a regular GT, even had the small 19 HP boost over stock GT. If pricing was more in line to just an appearance package at about 3K or so over a base GT, then I might be interested

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Will they make an Auto?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Will they make an Auto?
The announcement says A10 is an option.

Shelby GT-H in the past had automatic transmission.... should still be on a 2019 since it is a rental

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Shelby American cars are piss poor value. All they do is bolt on a few parts from the Ford Performance catalog plus some ill-fitting plastic crap and charge a 15K premium.

Up until now their styling parts usually weren't my cup of tea either (2015 chicken mesh grille with exposed screws that actually rust within a year anyone?) but I have to admit that this new front end hood combo really complements the 2018 very well. It really brings out that sloping GT350 effect Ford intended with the facelift and failed at.

I also like the new deck lid panel and the wheels They do resemble the PP2 wheels as do many aftermarket 5Y spoke wheels, but they are obviously an inch bigger and they didn't nail the offset like the Project 6GRs.

Overall appearance with the gold wheels I also really dig, that is something they should have done years ago instead of those awful all black wheels. Also really like the white/gold combo.

Would I buy one? Hell no. They are already in the 60s for a regular GT and that doesn't even come with that new front end which is exclusive to the GT-H option pack, which no doubt costs an arm and a leg extra.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I just re-read the press release and noticed that you can also get the upgraded front end by ordering the optional Premium Package. So either GT-H package or Premium Package gets you the look as shown in the press pictures and if you don't want black or white with gold stripes you can get it in any other color as well.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Also deducted from the press release: The 66,345 starting price for the GT-H as pictured is based on a bare bones entry level 300A GT fastback, which is 36,350 from Ford. So that's a whopping 30,000 dollar premium for this package, that contains what I would estimate no more than 10,000 worth of upgrades if you were to buy and fit them aftermarket.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Ummm....this time around H is for Heritage, not Hertz.
I know but the gold stripes do not convince me...... to my eyes it is still a homage to Hertz... and only available in white or black with gold stripes.

Benjj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camero
Also deducted from the press release: The 66,345 starting price for the GT-H as pictured is based on a bare bones entry level 300A GT fastback, which is 36,350 from Ford. So that's a whopping 30,000 dollar premium for this package, that contains what I would estimate no more than 10,000 worth of upgrades if you were to buy and fit them aftermarket.
People pay top dollar for these sticker specials and Shelby America knows this. They are banking that their name will allow them to sell a hood, wheels, and stripes for that $30k. The Bullitt is nothing amazing but it is at least priced properly for the content you get in that package. This car would be pushing it at $5k over the bullitt being that it starts with a 300a.

I like the ram rebel comment above, totally see it.

Edit: just reread the options list... that’s a long list of options. 60k doesn’t even get you the front fascia? I want to see the sticker on a fully optioned car.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Tom, I've waited on the 500 as I would want a convertible. But, at the starting price (that I expected to be high, but not that high) it will be a hard decision. That decision being do I get rid of of my Corvette Vert for a 500 Vert, because of that starting price. Dad-burn first world problems....:crazy: :wink:
There's WOTS there will be _no_ GT500 convertible option this iteration. I'm in the same place: considering supercharging the existing ride vs. just wanting more performance stock, and kind of wanting to go with an automatic this time (been driving manuals for the past 20 years ...), seriously leaning towards something like a ZL1 convertible with the A10, 650HP stock.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
How to make your 2019 Mustang GT look bad courtesy of Shelby. I’m not liking it at all.