Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

JKBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
So maybe I went to the wrong dealer? First time ford order for me. I was so excited to go down and order one of these cars, even knowing it could be end of July before it would get here. Dealer said I would get one if I order one, and no ADM. I completed the order form on 3/30 with the options I wanted and waited.....and waited...and still waiting.

I was doing fine until I start seeing cars start to show up, and I have no VIN, no build date, no info.

Latest text from salesman says his ford rep has bumped the priority to the highest priority an order unit can have so it should get the next allocation when available?

Sounds fishy to me. Shouldn't an allocation already be done already with an order form filled out that early?

I want an early car, but don't care about the number. It's gonna be a daily driver, and at this point I just want a damn car. Maybe a GT350 would be better...but I am sold on this new Bullitt as a better daily.

Maybe I should've done more research as to which of our four or five closest dealers have good luck ordering special editions.

When I order my one and only other ordered car (BMW) I had updates constantly....painted today, seats installed today, testing is complete, on the boat, in the port, on it's way to dealer. I guess I expected too much here with this mysterious ford ordering process.
TickDoc, Hang in there. I have had the same situation. Went to a small dealer in March who immediately agreed to MSRP. They didn't put my order in until 4/10 and I just received my vin two weeks ago with an estimated delivery of 10/4. So be patient, you're likely to receive positive news shortly.
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Latest text from salesman says his ford rep has bumped the priority to the highest priority an order unit can have so it should get the next allocation when available?

Sounds fishy to me. Shouldn't an allocation already be done already with an order form filled out that early?

I want an early car, but don't care about the number. It's gonna be a daily driver, and at this point I just want a damn car. Maybe a GT350 would be better...but I am sold on this new Bullitt as a better daily.

Maybe I should've done more research as to which of our four or five closest dealers have good luck ordering special editions.

When I order my one and only other ordered car (BMW) I had updates constantly....painted today, seats installed today, testing is complete, on the boat, in the port, on it's way to dealer. I guess I expected too much here with this mysterious ford ordering process.
The allocation process has been closely managed and frustrating to figure out. As an example, I ordered a car from a local dealer. After 2 months of waiting for them to confirm allocation, I found another dealer and canceled the order. Original dealer kept it in the bank, just in case. Three weeks after waiting on the second dealer, finally got the allocation to be scheduled. A week before that same time, the original dealer, upon guidance from their Zone Representative, changed my custom order to one for their inventory. Literally 1 day before I got a full VIN and final build date from the second dealer, they inform me they now have a VIN and build date. That car came into their dealership 3 days again, and I turned it down as I had a deposit on the other one.

The scheduling is being done to balance out all the constraints in order to build this car for a worldwide release. This was mentioned in a recent video with the Chief Engineer. The scheduling is being done on individual orders by changing the highest priority a dealer can use (generally '10') to '01'. That is done by the Zone Rep.

Thus, the situation you describe is not unusual, as maddening as it is. Hang in there - it will be worth it. I personally have been waiting since March 12, when I asked my local dealer to input an order, which didn't get fully accepted until March 26.

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
If anyone is looking for a black bullitt and is in the Birmingham, AL area, Town & Country Ford of Bessemer has one coming in around the middle of the month. Last I heard, it wasn't spoken for. Don't know what they will be asking for it though.

Here's the walk around they did of mine:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Probably a reason it is not spoken for...who wants a black bullit? :crazy:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Probably a reason it is not spoken for...who wants a black bullit? :crazy:
There are people who do. This color debate started in 2001 and continues 17 years later :)

Sponsored

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)
There are people who do. This color debate started in 2001 and continues 17 years later :)
Hey Tony! When do you take delivery of your Bullitt? Just curious. There should be a post here of who paid MSRP or less. I can bet Matt Maran is the only one so far who paid MSRP unless there are some Ford employees here who paid less?... The stealerships in the Chicago area are horrible as far as pricing. They have the Bullitt priced higher than the GT350! It’s insane. I love the Bullitt and it’s my dream car but I refuse to pay ADM so I am officially giving up my pursuit. I guess it wasn’t meant to be...

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Faced this a few times. Even encountered one below MSRP and when I enquired they said "no doubt" it's that price. Pressed further and asked what discounts are included (student, military, etc.). The next email was, oops it's $10k over MSRP. Are you still interested?" No, call me when things change.

Will anyone admit to paying that much?

Sponsored

Bigred460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '79 F250
Hey Tony! When do you take delivery of your Bullitt? Just curious. There should be a post here of who paid MSRP or less. I can bet Matt Maran is the only one so far who paid MSRP unless there are some Ford employees here who paid less?... The stealerships in the Chicago area are horrible as far as pricing. They have the Bullitt priced higher than the GT350! It’s insane. I love the Bullitt and it’s my dream car but I refuse to pay ADM so I am officially giving up my pursuit. I guess it wasn’t meant to be...
I paid MSRP.

JAD3D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt
Hello 6G!

Loooong time lurker, first time poster. Looking to buy my 2nd S550. Bullitt obviously.
Got a call from Woodhouse Ford in Omaha NE, about an arrival. First in town, to my knowledge.

Buyer flies in tomorrow, 5k ADM. I refuse to pay ADM, and am currently working a couple of leads.
Apologies for lousy phone shots.

You can look at pictures & YouTube all day, but seeing one in the flesh made me absolutely giddy!
Sponsored