Sponsored

2016 mustang gt acceleration problem

2016s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have a 2016 mustang gt m6. I am having a acceleration problem, if I am driving normal and I get past 3k rpm my car won’t go any faster. I press the pedal to the floor and won’t go anywhere. Rpms don’t move, if I stay around 10 seconds with the pedal to the floor it will finally start to go. Does this with every gear past 2nd gear
Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have a 2016 mustang gt m6. I am having a acceleration problem, if I am driving normal and I get past 3k rpm my car won’t go any faster. I press the pedal to the floor and won’t go anywhere. Rpms don’t move, if I stay around 10 seconds with the pedal to the floor it will finally start to go. Does this with every gear past 2nd gear
That's not normal.... Do you have a video of the issue?

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Cats? Check and clean the MAF.
Or timing belt?

Sponsored

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Is this a troll post? lol. Of course thats not normal. Youve had the car for 2 years now right. Keep us updated, would like to know if this post is legit.

Alexjohnsonua

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang
Hey, have the same exact problem with my 2017 mustang gt 6 speed, have you figured it out? what was the issue? thanks

Sponsored

cammeron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cammeron
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt manual
Did you figure out what it was? Im having this issue now