Sponsored

Homelink Programming Solution Found

defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
I just purchased a used 2016 Mustang GT. I programmed my wife's new 2016 Ford Explorer Sport in < 2 minutes but I noticed the Mustang's manual directions were totally different. Following the owner's manual for the Mustang did not work. On a whim I tried to follow the Explorer's that also did not work. I searched the forums and found nothing of relevance (better things to do with a Mustang that to program Homelink it seems :) ). But I found this post and wanted to add it here for the next person here as I come from being on many helpful forums in the past (SHO forum, VWVortex, etc). Followed the directions of SouthernStang79 and it worked flawlessly. What's up with that Ford?

http://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/garage-door-opener-visor-535741/
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
also depends on the brand, i have Leart Car2u module, it connects in 20 seconds

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Depends on the module. My toyota can generate rolling code so I just pair it directly to my opener.
The Ford I have to pair the opener with a remote then pair the car with the remote in order to get it to work.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I have a Genie garage door opener. I had to pair my opener to the home link. I was then able to have my garagw door opener learn the homelink opener. The manuals instructions aren't clear. I had to YouTube a couple videos before figuring it out.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
This homelink is kicking me in the head. I have programmed to many cars already but my 550 is not cooperating
I'm sure it's Just me

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased a used 2016 Mustang GT. I programmed my wife's new 2016 Ford Explorer Sport in < 2 minutes but I noticed the Mustang's manual directions were totally different. Following the owner's manual for the Mustang did not work. On a whim I tried to follow the Explorer's that also did not work. I searched the forums and found nothing of relevance (better things to do with a Mustang that to program Homelink it seems :) ). But I found this post and wanted to add it here for the next person here as I come from being on many helpful forums in the past (SHO forum, VWVortex, etc). Followed the directions of SouthernStang79 and it worked flawlessly. What's up with that Ford?

http://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/garage-door-opener-visor-535741/
Not sure how old this thread is but thanks for posting this. Got my homelink synced to both of my garage doors in minutes.

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a new garage door opener recently and, having failed to ever pair it with my old Genie, I was prepared for a hassle to pair the visor.

This site made it very easy. https://homelink.com/compatible/vehicles

Pick your vehicle make, model and year, then your garage door opener brand and model, and it gives you step by step instructions tailored for your combination.
It worked for me on the first try.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My prior 2016, the Homelink module sucked - sucked for programming and use. I had to be practically up on the garage door before it would even open it.

Once I got my 2018, the Homelink programmed on the first shot AND I can open the door from half way down the block.

Must be something different with the now older Homelink modules.

Titlerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
I installed a new garage door opener recently and, having failed to ever pair it with my old Genie, I was prepared for a hassle to pair the visor.

This site made it very easy. https://homelink.com/compatible/vehicles

Pick your vehicle make, model and year, then your garage door opener brand and model, and it gives you step by step instructions tailored for your combination.
It worked for me on the first try.
This worked. Took two tries and well worth the slight effort. I have had my car for a year and could never get the instructions in the owners manual to work. Thanks for the tip.

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
thats what forums are for. I just bought a 2018 GT but the original owners threw out the owners manual. 5 minutes and done..

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Yes on the forum!!! Picked up my 2022 Mustang last week and on Saturday followed the Ford instructions several times with no luck for some reason. I had saved instructions (below) on this forum earlier — both openers programmed to Homelink first time! Yippee!!

Homelink.png
Sponsored